1. Renton47's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

It's burdened by a title it doesn't want or honour, interested more in an unsuccessful experiment of what makes the camera subjective...nonetheless Ryan's photography is a marvel in its right, and would resonate in a more dramatic arc. I don't envy the editor of Arnold's establishing shots. The sensuality of the near-silent first half is let down by the peripatetic and duty-bound second. 3.5

2. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

3. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

4. Milly Hampton's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

young and old Cathy just look nothing alike... also agree with lots of the comments about the cruelty to animals. considering I am not really into this story Arnold did make me enjoy it as much as I think is possible...

5. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

cruelty to animals...the reason why this is not as good as it should be

6. Polyglot's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

♫ How could you leave me / When I needed to / possess you? / I hated you, I loved you, too ♫ :'( <3

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

8. José Neves's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

TV. Rich white girl finds adventurous poor blackboy and follows him through Rural England until she discovers that she's incapable of overcoming the system and is defeated, and killed, by it. Also following them is Andrea Arnold's "whatsoever style", full of anodine camera shake - which lies down on top of them all the time, confusing formlessness with realism-, with the inability of annoying automatic blurs.

9. Bea Vea's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

First half was stunning. Second half was brought down by the performances of the adult versions of Heathcliff and Cathy.

10. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

11. Absentia's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

4.5 "Wuthering Heights" is undoubtedly the most beautiful film i've seen in the last three months.

12. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

A commendable adaptation that's stripped bare of all the romanticism. I've always had a thing for Heathcliff as a fictional character and I'm starting to see why/how it has affected me in reality.

13. opandadodavid's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Captou a atmosfera do livro. Eureka!

14. 1boredjellyfish's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

15. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

An ambitious film, however, it fails to be a drama-love story. (1) Rare dialouges (2) no background about who, what, when, where, why (we don't know anything about Heathcliff & about the inner life of Catherine) (3) a cast, who can't put across the emotion (4) I observe, I witness & I recognize the relationship & pain, but can't really feel it. That's the issue: the lack of emotion. (5) The fine camera can't offset.

16. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

17. smndvdcl's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

As an exercise in sharp, poetic, sensory cinematography with an ethereal representation of the narrative, this film is a marvel. As an adaptation, it fails to capture the beating heart of Bronte's Cathy and Heathcliff. A great director whose idiosyncratic style was ill-suited to this tale. A commendable misfire.

18. redux's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Black Heathcliff. Poor Emily was not bright enough to figure it out on her own. Still, the movie lacks a transgender Catherine, muesli bars, selfies and twerking.

19. Elif's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

20. adysab's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

21. camille's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

22. Irma Vep's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

I fucking love this movie. But why the Mumford & Sons. Why

23. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

An adaptation of Wuthering Heights that dispenses with the more novelistic aspects of the source material and creates a truly cinematic work with particular focus on physicality and temporality.

24. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

This movie would have been more aptly named Heathcliff because it's sole focus is the relationship between Heathcliff and Cathy. The remainder of the book is ignored. While I applaud Ms Arnold's bold direction, it wasn't entirely successful. The child actors are far more compelling than their adult counterparts. And while the gritty realism and moody atmosphere are excellent, the story drowns in it's claustrophobia.

← Previous 1 3 4 5