1. caprica_six's rating of the film XX

What is there to say, really? I didn't hate it but only because it elicited zero emotional response in me. It was just....//bland//.

2. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film XX

3. msmichel's rating of the film XX

Horror anthology film containing 4 segments all made by directors with the title chromosomes. Best in show is 'Her Only Living Son' from Kusama with its well scripted take on whatever happened to Rosemary's baby. Annie Clark shows promise with 'The Birthday Party' featuring another great turn by Melanie Lynskey. The other two entries are a little more horror generic but both have their moments. Worth a look.

4. Justin Crowe's rating of the film XX

liked 'the box', the others were okay. the birthday party one was darkly funny, st. vincent did a good job directing.

5. Danu Labda's rating of the film XX

The first story was pretty engaging, but the fact that the ending didn't feel conclusive was very disappointing.

6. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film XX

Bad filmmaking is bad filmmaking. As much as I wanted to support this film, I hated just about every botched attempt at it. Only the final short was anything worthwhile, but that didn't make up for all the aggravating attempt at horror which amounted to less than irritating when "auteurs" like these meander in dogshit psychosis.

7. PeterK94's rating of the film XX

The quality of this anthology ranges from all right to unwatchable: The Box: An interesting premise that didn’t have enough ideas to last twenty minutes. The Birthday Party: Didn’t take the time to set up or convey character motivations so everything became nonsensical. Don’t Fall: Nothing too original but a solid entry and best of the four by far. Her Only Living Son: Same problem as the first short.

8. Luca Soldati's rating of the film XX

Quattro episodi, di cui solamente il primo e il quarto risultano minimamente interessanti. Gli altri hanno qualche spunto, ma sono abbastanza scadenti. Sceneggiature inconcludenti, con partenze carine e conclusioni tirate via. Buone la curiosità creata nel primo episodio e alcune sequenze ben fatte. Lato tecnico mediocre che non resta impresso. Nel complesso un lavoro mediocre che non valorizza gli spunti narrativi.

9. dottor caligari's rating of the film XX

The first one is the only interesting

10. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film XX

11. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film XX

Il primo corto è da due stelle

12. Renton47's rating of the film XX

The problem is there is a wild inconsistency in tone even between only four tales - a jarring jump from the (worst) 3rd section which is straight monster genre to the 4th which is more politically undertoned... without a guiding creed it falls flat, hopefully a concept to be salvaged in the future with more purpose.

13. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film XX

Not quite what I expected. Some of the segments are totally regular: not that good, not that bad. But, St. Vincent's segment - The Birthday Cake - worked really well. It looked like a contemporary rereading of Alfred Hitchcock's Rope. If it was a single short movie, I would give it 4 stars.

14. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film XX

The fourth was unquestionably the most competent. Otherwise, potential scares or tension were generally killed by over reliance on overly synthesized 'scary' sounds and music cues. I'd say 'The Box' was the second most interesting, as far as having the potential to say something but not really amounting to much as far as messages go. Also, the stop-motion stuff was pretty nifty.

15. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film XX

This is the most uninspired, underwhelming, uninteresting horror anthology I've seen in the last decade. It makes the abysmal V/H/S look like a masterpiece. The only mystery is: Who greenlighted this misguided production?

16. João R's rating of the film XX

The stories told here were so uneven and weak. It sure had style but it wasn't enough to camouflage all its flaws. A shame since I adore the concept of reuniting female directors to create horror but this anthology chose the wrong direction, which was underlined by the fact that the between sequences were far more creepier and superior than all of the stories combined.

17. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film XX

exclusively for the inbetween sequences

18. samba direito's rating of the film XX

19. Jacob Bearchum's rating of the film XX

Karyn Kusama is the shit, it is known.

20. dave gunn's rating of the film XX

This was one of the worst horror anthologies yet and the stop-motion animation sequences between stories was all I really enjoyed. There was no over-arching connecting story like we saw in classic horror anthologies, it had an incredibly short run-time giving each tale no time to develop, and its whole gimmick rode solely on the tokenizing of women, 3/4 of whom had little to no actual experience in film.

21. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film XX

22. Polyglot's rating of the film XX

XX more like Zzz's, amirtie? :/

23. Skinnedteen's rating of the film XX

I'm quite dissapointed with this. There's a huge potential for these narratives to evolve and really turn the knob on the eerieness of the characters esp. the rosemary's baby-esque storyline in the end, but instead, it all end up in cheezy cliffhangers. I was very stoked to see this film since it is written and directed by women, but XX just falls flat.

24. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film XX

One of the weaker horror anthology movies in a while. What works here is The Box (good segment) and Her Only Living Son (well kinda works) but even they do not feel fully formed but more like sketches of great ideas not come to fruition. The other two are pretty uninteresting and even more unfinished. Another problem here is that all the segments are not scary at all. Clearly a missed opportunity.