1. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

Teddy bears, memories, and a gallery with too many photos on display.

2. Dogville59's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

This documentary was moving from the intro telling us that Ydessa began her teddy bear photo collection because of a young cousin of hers who died at Auschwitz to the huge collection of photos of people with their teddy bears I did not see the time go by. There is more to this film, however, than photos of people with teddy bears. There is a lot of thinking on the human condition. Agnes Varda does that so well.

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

As always, it's less the topic than it is the way we learn why Varda thought it was interesting in the first place. Sadly, in this one, its protagonist is a bit hard to take, which acts as counterweight... Still, her exhibit, and the people who talk about it, are interesting enough to carry 45 minutes. It's great because it's Varda; but, for Varda, it's not that great.

4. Cependant's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

Souvenir d'une vieille tante.

5. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

Thank you Mrs VARDA for all this love of art that you share with us. ===== Merci Madame VARDA pour tout cet amour de l'art que vous nous faites partager

6. themroc's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

Agnes Varda is rare amongst documentary film makers. She offers a personal view that opens the mind. Highly recommended.

7. Tutu888's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

My mother had the same obsession with teddybears so it brings back a lot of traumas for me.

8. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

Interesting how a simple exhibition can trigger such a vast mental/visual masturbation of freely associated thoughts. Very french!

9. Klaus-hart's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

Ydessa a créé une exposition de photographies où figurent des ours en peluche. Agnès Varda pose sur elle et sur son exposition un regard curieux ; elle tente de comprendre les motivations de la femme, elle nous invite à regarder les photos avec autant de curiosité qu'elle, elle nous invite à réfléchir et à être émus. C'est simple et c'est touchant.

10. El Biffo's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

I love teddy bears and I love Agnes Varda. She has a singular talent for turning an art exhibit into a film, and more than that, into an experience. The small and the large become one.

11. Stevie's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

Very interesting subject matter. Varda loves surreality and it doesn't get much more surreal than this. Art takes so many forms.

12. Nagham's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

A very beautiful and insightful film. Really a must see.

13. gerry_grrr's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

14. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Ydessa, the Bears and etc.

if memory is a good thing in itself, then why are we here, in the east, with every day and every conversation, taught to forget and to forgive? for the sake of good manners, of good faith, of integration, of civilisation. isn't memory a good thing for ALL?