1. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Yellow Sky

I cared more about style than subject matter; a beautiful style, though: it excels in representing the dryness, dustiness, violence and decay latent in the genre.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Yellow Sky

Un petit chef-d'oeuvre dans son genre, méconnu bien sûr... www.cinefiches.com

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Yellow Sky

Westerns aren't know for stages of gray. In this one there are good bad guys, neutral bad guys, and bad bad guys. You have to watch out for people who have 'Gold Fever'. And the rapey men. Baxter is a bit too neutral on the rapey stuff. She just wants Peck to smell clean when he grabs her. Casting Widmark was smart, because he really could play bad bad. Peck just can't be totally bad. It's why we admire him.

4. Love Walked In's rating of the film Yellow Sky

Quiet Western is one of my favorite genres in movie.

5. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Yellow Sky

The cast is great, well-directed by Wellman, and the camera work is top notch in an otherwise moderately compelling but predictable story by Lamar Trotti. The only real problem I had with the movie was it looked like in one scene Peck's character really forces himself on Baxter, leading to a creepy wise crack. and yet after that she still had feelings for him. I found that off-putting. Other than that, fine film.

6. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Yellow Sky

Link to a review here - http://mubi.com/lists/region-incognito-and-videotape-swapshop-reviews-by-coheed

7. Neither/Nor's rating of the film Yellow Sky

Wellman dramatizes ideas of sexual politics, despair, and democracy with all the austerity and élan of a paradox, a terror. Unfortunately the menace--perhaps greatness--of the film is defused by an underwhelming epilogue that reeks of studio satisfaction.