1. bryanvmh's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Before it was a crime to joke about being accidental communists

2. Thomas Dods's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Charming and very watchable. I do find it very interesting how "leftie" the Capra films of the thirties were. Despite the fact that economic inequality is worse today, it is inconceivable that a mainstream film like this would be made and go on to win Oscars....

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Another classic from Frank Capra, this features great turns from James Stewart, Jean Arthur, Lionel Barrymore, Edward Arnold, and many more. It's a tale of love affected by money and class, perfectly paced, and with a couple of major highlights that rank up there with the best comedy moments (the main one being Stewart turning up unexpectedly to visit his beloved with his parents in tow).

4. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

It has something to say (gentrification, the value of love and friendship over money) and it says it so purely in the a svelte baritone voice. It may not be Christmas, but it sure feels like it.

5. Dogville59's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Loved it. Classic Capra.

6. Amy Cavender's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Frank Capra's heart-lifting familial comedy emanates support for the eccentric. With an array of punchy characters and well-crafted scenes, this film still seems highly relevant to a 21st century audience. The idea of celebrating difference, embracing who you are, and being wary of the toxicity of money, are at the centre of this film - a strong set of messages we all need reminding of!

7. SamSalt's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Silly, sentimental and manipulative - I loved it. All the supporting characters are wonderful. But the thing that made it for me was that I found it hysterically funny in a way that I can't recall feeling watching any recent film.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Nous avons l'assurance de tenir là un inoubliable chef-d'oeuvre de la comédie américaine ! www.cinefiches.com

9. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Funny and full lovely characters!

10. Aardsy's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Life is running around inside me like a squirrel.

11. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

4.5 Questo film risponde al più urgente bisogno di un film felice che mai si possa provare.

12. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

13. SpacePirate's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

My 2nd fav Capra. Love the ensemble cast in this one. Has a little bit of everything that you want a film to be.

14. Log Lady's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

There seems to be a notion going around that whoever doesn't like Capra is a cynical fool. Well, I'm sorry. There's nothing touching about a film that is calculated to play with viewers' emotions, presents life through black and white (and ridiculously goofy and cutesy) characters, and preaches so fiercely that the agenda is oozing through the screen. Not my idea of charm, it's just childish and silly.

15. AKFilmFan's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

Charming Capra film that isn't one of his great films but is a delightful nonetheless.

16. Pedro Zambujo's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

So naive. But I guess that's the beauty of it.

17. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

This was so much fun! I laughed all the way through. Lionel Barrymore gives such a tender, lovely performance. I wish Capra didn't change the play so much (it was perfect as it was), but I am happy that the overall message of the film stays perfectly intact.

18. BUSHRA's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

i'm surprised that stewart and arthur didn't have chemistry in this because the pair really delighted me in "mr.smith goes to washington." honestly, though, i felt like stewart and arthur were uninspired. i understand they were the cohesion of the story but everything else they were supporting was much more interesting to watch. great performance by barrymore.

19. Dave's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

The deeper I delve in the history of American cinema, and really just the more movies I watch, the greater my appreciation of Capra grows. Just so charming. My tastes of favorite Capras of this era are a little unconventional (American Madness is my favorite of his 30s films, as of now), but this one is a legendary film that deserves its strong reputation.

20. D♯'s rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

21. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

My favorite Capra for its depth of characters to join Capra's usual populist sentiment.

22. Thomaz Amancio's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

“Maybe there never really was an America,” Cassavetes said, “maybe it was all Frank Capra.”

23. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You

una maravilla de película, con toda esa gracia que sólo capra. bazin le hace un elogio por su ritmo en una crítica sobre adieu léonard (1943) de prévert y staney cavell le dedica un par de iluminadoras páginas al inicio de su estupendo libro la búsqueda de la felicidad. con ganas de ver todo capra!

24. chanandre's rating of the film You Can't Take It With You