1. chickenwing's rating of the film You Only Live Once

Liked it much more than I thought I would. Sylvia Sydney is wonderful to watch.

2. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film You Only Live Once

3. FISCHER's rating of the film You Only Live Once

Un époustouflant chef-d'oeuvre du film noir américain d'une désespérance et d'un pessimisme bouleversants qui à nouveau consacre Fritz Lang parmi les plus grands... www.cinefiches.com

4. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film You Only Live Once

_ Fine world. First, they kill the chicken, Taylor eats the chicken. Then, they kill Taylor.

5. Histioteuthis's rating of the film You Only Live Once

I love Sylvia Sidney!! That's all

6. Gyseltrut's rating of the film You Only Live Once

Emotion recollected in love & despair. Even though the unfolding of the events may seem quite insipid overall, the inquisitive eye could easily grasp one-thousand-and-one exquisite scenes which compensate. Not to mention Sylvia's more than lovely appearance.

7. Roberto Carlos's rating of the film You Only Live Once

8. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film You Only Live Once

9. José Neves's rating of the film You Only Live Once

Cinematography by Leon Shamroy. "Desire" list. The amazing Sidney, that reminds Gaynor in the hands of Murnau and Borzage - her permanent affective availability. Alongside Fonda, again crystalline of so much justice and honesty, an unblemished romantic figure of the classic cinema, voice and face that matches so clearly.

10. Neither/Nor's rating of the film You Only Live Once

"Last Romantic Couple", indeed.

11. Knut Morte's rating of the film You Only Live Once

PCA retarded movies, but this ones still good, those 1930's gangsters were just scapegoats for the real master criminal; Edgar hoover.

12. Brandon Nowalk's rating of the film You Only Live Once

13. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film You Only Live Once

"Fine world. First, they kill the chicken, Taylor eats the chicken. Then, they kill Taylor." "Tell him they took all the cash. They robbed the cash register too." Nice cinematography, early Bonnie & Clyde plot but that's all because of the Hollywood studio system. Not Lang's fault. 3/5

14. mjgildea's rating of the film You Only Live Once

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Fritz Lang's direction really stands out here, namely during the prison sequence and Eddie's escape. Sylvia Sidney was a goddamn doll and Henry Fonda wasn't bad. Unfortunately the viscous melodrama reminded me why I'm not too fond of movies from the 30s and the story wasn't smoothed out very well. I don't think its as good as everyone else does but its not bad either.

15. Anton Williams's rating of the film You Only Live Once

16. chanandre's rating of the film You Only Live Once

[Cinémathèque PT #74: 35 mm]

17. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film You Only Live Once

I'm writing an essay about this Bonnie & Clyde precursor...

18. Daniel S.'s rating of the film You Only Live Once

Bleak movie about justice. "I'll do it again" says Sylvia Sidney to Henry Fonda just before dying. According to Imdb, 14 minutes of the film were cut by the Production Code Administration. Bleak, very bleak. Highly recommended.

19. Andre A. Neves's rating of the film You Only Live Once

One of my favorite Lang movies. It has the most furious scene he ever shot: When Fonda is incarcerated asking his wife for the gun. It is love, murder, and despair in just 5 seconds.