1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film You, the Living

3.4 stars. Sometimes daft, Andersson's putty-coloured world, but not without pathos. Tellingly, the films 'YtL' reminds me most of are the 'Never Say No to Panda' adverts. I think there is part of Andersson that sees the world in terms of copy: 'Rogue Barber Shaves Racist' etc.) I appreciated the film's interrogation of the truism that there is nothing more boring than listening to other people's dreams. Sad but fun.

2. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film You, the Living

Bello bello bello. Inferiore al suo predecessore ma superiore al terzo e ultimo capitolo

3. B o g d a n's rating of the film You, the Living

4. mono.micha's rating of the film You, the Living

Stylistically awesome vignettes, sad, and an ironically realistic account of the everyday lifes of the people of ... any city in the world. Black humour, dry as a bone.

5. David Boulet's rating of the film You, the Living

6. OrfgenT's rating of the film You, the Living

Reicht leider bei weitem nicht an "Songs from the Second Floor" (2000) oder "A Pigeopn Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence" (2014) heran. / Unfortunately, this film does not measure up to "Songs from the Second Floor" (2000) or "A Pigeopn Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence" (2014).

7. Shahin Katila's rating of the film You, the Living

8. schmalhans's rating of the film You, the Living

Aren't political films at their best when they don't suffer from the weight of morality? Just as much absurd comedy than it is nihilistic parable, DU LEVANDE doesn't fail to deliver a glimpse of hope lingering in the thicket that is human misbehaviour. An unmistakingly Scandinavian humour, long takes, and stunning set design contribute to the sublime depression that is this film.

9. Epinephrin's rating of the film You, the Living

It is a good film after all, made me laugh a few times. But there was no thrill. The electric chair scene and the psychiater speech scene were the ones i liked the most. I liked the cinematography, the cold atmosphere. It was like looking at photographs. At first I thought it's crap, but reading all the positive reviews here I gave it another try. It is not that orgasmic as some reviews say, but it has something.

10. Anca.'s rating of the film You, the Living

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film You, the Living

12. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film You, the Living

Life is absurd. Life is pathetic. But life is worth living.

13. Vincent T's rating of the film You, the Living

14. Anand Kani's rating of the film You, the Living

50 hyperreal and urbsurd (urban absurdity, a word coined by Khushboo Ranka to catalogue the specific genre of surreal ironies manifesting in urban settings) vignettes seem to traverse a range of human misery, from alienation to apocalypse, and still manage to leave you with a sense of wonder (and even joy).

15. ceknklsn's rating of the film You, the Living

16. wiwitaek's rating of the film You, the Living

17. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film You, the Living

Kinda hard to describe about how I saw this film. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's sad - both at the same time. Yet well-shot and edited.

18. Rodrigo's rating of the film You, the Living

My favorite out of the trilogy. Beautiful.

19. Francesco Tonelli's rating of the film You, the Living

Hilarious and depressing at the same time.

20. MiasmaGandhi's rating of the film You, the Living

Bunuel trifft Seidl trifft Loriot und das in Joy Division Atmo

21. marianus's rating of the film You, the Living

22. Hilkka Alaviuhkola's rating of the film You, the Living

amazing movie. very random and typical dark scandinavian humour. perfect scene cuts. loved every minute of it.

23. Lars Engelmann's rating of the film You, the Living

Roy Andersson macht keine Filme. Roy Andersson macht Gedichte, die zufällig aussehen wie Filme.

24. JD Tastad's rating of the film You, the Living

I choose not to see things this way for the most part, although it may be important to be reminded that one can.

← Previous 1 3 4 5