1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film You, the Living

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film You, the Living

Life is absurd. Life is pathetic. But life is worth living.

3. Vincent T's rating of the film You, the Living

rated from memory. I have a hunch that if I were to see it again I'm gonna rate it 2 stars now.

4. Anand Kani's rating of the film You, the Living

50 hyperreal and urbsurd (urban absurdity, a word coined by Khushboo Ranka to catalogue the specific genre of surreal ironies manifesting in urban settings) vignettes seem to traverse a range of human misery, from alienation to apocalypse, and still manage to leave you with a sense of wonder (and even joy).

5. ceknklsn's rating of the film You, the Living

6. wiwitaek's rating of the film You, the Living

7. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film You, the Living

Kinda hard to describe about how I saw this film. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's sad - both at the same time. Yet well-shot and edited.

8. Rodrigo's rating of the film You, the Living

My favorite out of the trilogy. Beautiful.

9. Egoisms's rating of the film You, the Living

Far inferior to his previous feature, You, the Living, has no moments of transcendent splendour, very few humorous observations, very few genuinely comical moments. It is deadpan in the extreme, with little to redeem it.

10. Francesco Tonelli's rating of the film You, the Living

Hilarious and depressing at the same time.

11. MiasmaGandhi's rating of the film You, the Living

Bunuel trifft Seidl trifft Loriot und das in Joy Division Atmo

12. marianus's rating of the film You, the Living

13. Hilkka Alaviuhkola's rating of the film You, the Living

amazing movie. very random and typical dark scandinavian humour. perfect scene cuts. loved every minute of it.

14. Lars Engelmann's rating of the film You, the Living

Roy Andersson macht keine Filme. Roy Andersson macht Gedichte, die zufällig aussehen wie Filme.

15. JD Tastad's rating of the film You, the Living

I choose not to see things this way for the most part, although it may be important to be reminded that one can.

16. Zoe Ormonde's rating of the film You, the Living

"People demand so much. That's the conclusion I've drawn after all these years. They demand to be happy, at the same time as they are egocentric, selfish, and ungenerous."

17. Anita's rating of the film You, the Living

wish i could talk about this, painful yet funny

18. riraru's rating of the film You, the Living

Immer das gleiche; und dann auch noch von Loriot klauen …

19. JaredMercer's rating of the film You, the Living

20. msmichel's rating of the film You, the Living

Fourth feature from Andersson follows the magnificent '...Second Floor' with a similar vignette strewn film examining the human condition in an absurdist but revealing conceit that would continue seven years later with 'A Pigeon Sat...'. Andersson certainly has his own unique cinematic voice and his films are a succinct pleasure to watch. Brilliant design and scripting of the sardonic kind.

21. Comediedelasoif@aol.com's rating of the film You, the Living

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film You, the Living

Andersson's vision of the apocalyptic mediocrity of human existence, conveyed via (i.e. at the expense of) a bunch of pasty white people (and an Arab guy) in bland and pathetic scenarios. Effective, in the sense that getting through it was reminiscent of the way one gets through a 9-5 cubicle-job... painfully, in 5-minute increments. Misanthropic cheap shots masked as comedy. My second, and likely last, of his films.

23. James Ryan's rating of the film You, the Living

Seemingly random yet perfectly interweaved. Slowly paced but entirely captivating. Morbidly hilarious. Roy Andersson's "You, The Living" masterfully creates a world from our dullest nightmares. His characters are filled with depth, even if we only see them in passing. It is amazing what he is able to do with only wide shots, using every part of the frame to great visual and comedic effect.

24. Ariane et Josué's rating of the film You, the Living

This is a real gem. Outstanding camera and art. A really extreme point of view served on a soft woven pillow. Bravo mon gars, tu es inspirant !

← Previous 1 3 4 5