1. Dalibor's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

At a strangely enjoyable pace, the story evolves almost exactly one would expect. One-dimensional set of characters, uninspired to delve any deeper into "all is relative" philosophy than what is being plainly put at the beginning, follow director's trademark topics and predictable storylines. Is it bad? No. But I would strongly suggest keeping your expectations at bay.

2. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

3. Daniel Iván's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

One of those Allen films so desperate to fulfill the "psychological" needs of the audience it fails in every aspect of the storytelling. Dull and tasteless. Use it in case you run out of prozac; the numbness is quite similar.

4. Dada Kubin's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

Typical new Allen: entertaining and nostalgic movie making. Basically the movie could’ve been made in the 50s which is charming in its own way. On the downside it occasionally feels like a messy soap opera, and although the last voice-over tries to make this messiness also the point of the movie, I don’t think it holds water.

5. wiwitaek's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

6. Leif Erikson's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

Another life. I just have to shed the old one and try again.

7. Le temps perdu's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

Another movie I saw in a plane. It was so boring that I didn't bother to watch it completely, so perhaps I missed an interestesting end.

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

It was watchable and drifts along nicely. Not Allen's finest hour, but still enjoyable.

9. Maria Claudia's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

10. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

Subtle, funny and 100% Woody Allen. There's a long take in the middle of the movie that worth my rewatch, and Freida Pinto is so beautiful.

11. Gokce Gursoz's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

12. keremebrulee's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

I really do not understand why Woody Allen takes so much pride in making shitty films

13. Su's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

To explain the sufferings with imagination or illogical things can make them more sufferable. That's why people tend to believe superstition and fortune tellers or etc.

14. agartthaa's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

15. kitsunenoir's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

We see some couples as their passions, ambitions, and anxieties lead them into trouble and out of their minds.

16. halfacig's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

Pleasurable but forgettable.

17. Lorena Brandão's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

18. WeirdHair's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

The movie just serves as a reminder that Woody Allen is getting old/that his outlook on life has changed. I was still left wondering that does Allen despises the idea of chasing youth, taking the Alfie character into account or does he feel sympathy for such people. Despite making Helena look like a fool for believing in the occult, she is the only one who finds some sort of resolution. Has Allen become spiritual?

19. filmcapsule's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

That synopsis could be used to describe almost any Woody Allen movie. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

20. REH1101's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

Vilmos Zsigmond filmed this? Wow.

21. Drew.'s rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

Woody Allen + Naomi Watts = Yay!

22. Richmond Hill's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

A wet afternoon's pleasurable diversion; no more, no less, but adequate for the task. The somewhat nihilistic ending provides a nice kick.

23. CafeGradiva's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

24. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

that Shakespeare quote in the beginning saves this movie for me because it was really about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

← Previous 1 3 4