1. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Young Adult

2. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Young Adult

Charlize Theron is amazing, super cool, hugely attractive etc etc. Therefore, any film which makes a point of emphasing this fact gets my vote, despite being a little over long and predictable.

3. Deiner's rating of the film Young Adult

3nd viewing. Something went missing this time around. The lines that I found caustic hilarious in the past left me cold. With the exception of Mavis and Matt (to a certain degree) the rest of the characters were rather flat and uninteresting. I used to have Charlize Theron's queen bitch performance in a pedestal (and I must say I still think she's great) but her acting seemed more flawed this time around.

4. richardlawrn's rating of the film Young Adult

I can totally relate to mavis. never happy.

5. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Young Adult

6. Risya's rating of the film Young Adult

Its funny, its tragic, its ironic, its relatable. Theron nailed it harddd!

7. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Young Adult

La pellicola smonta crudelmente il mito della popolarità al college senza fare facili moralismi, pur con alcune leggerezze e una scarsa originalità. La regia dà un bel ritmo, ma non spicca, anche a causa di una parte centrale un po' prevedibile. Buona fotografia dai toni molto freddi e buon montaggio. Protagonista dal carattere patetico e inquietante, che rimpiange il suo glorioso passato e che non riesce a maturare

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film Young Adult

An under-the-radar gem where high school roles are subverted in middle age. Despite the villainous traits of Theron's character, it is near impossible not to empathise with her plight. The concept of extended adolescence is explored with the flair that comedy dramas allow. One of Reitman's unsung besties.

9. érzéki's rating of the film Young Adult

I don't think Mavis was supposed to be likeable but I loved Mavis and I loved this movie mostly because Mavis had no miraculous pseudo-revelation

10. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Young Adult

(...) Es gibt zahllose Filme über die "Teenage Queen" an der High School - Young Adult ist die Rache für all diese Filme: Hier erleben wir, wie furchtbar das Leben für eine solche Promi Queen mit 40 ist. (...)

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Young Adult

A really dark portrayal of arrested development of someone who was popular in high school.

12. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Young Adult

13. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Young Adult

Theron's character here is Archie Bunker reborn as a Maxim cover girl, or Cartman with a sex change. It's something remarkable, despite, or in spite of, Cody's self-appreciating field loop (dialogue). This succeeds because the ending is one of the bravest and best audience Middle Fingers I've seen in quite a while, and I loved it.

14. antibody's rating of the film Young Adult

saw this in a theater. shouldn't have seen this in a theater

15. Isa Reis's rating of the film Young Adult

16. rachel collier's rating of the film Young Adult

There is something here, not much, but i liked it.

17. Ryan O'Connor (23)'s rating of the film Young Adult

18. bieup's rating of the film Young Adult

i suppose this is reality for some folk. not for us home-grown, steak-cut, pressure washed, ugly folk though.

19. chanandre's rating of the film Young Adult

Manages to be despicable and disgusting due to the gross character (brilliantly portrait by Charlize) but at the same time is eerily warm & kinda sweet. Featuring one of the weirdest sex scenes I've ever seen (Solondz? wakey wakey). Diablo Cody is way better screenwriter than Reitman is at directing, that's obvious. I can totally relate to the 'loveable' stalkerism of chasing an high-school flame one let go away </3

20. anarresti's rating of the film Young Adult

Two and a half stars. Some nice ideas in a good premise that get lost in several moments of the script that just make this hard to watch until the end.

21. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Young Adult

On my worst days I am Mavis! Like in Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine" the film owes so much to the funny (and tragic) leading character and the actress who plays it... Theron's facial expressions where spot on in every single scene!

22. vicentmara@gmail.com's rating of the film Young Adult