1. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

wanders through the philosophies of history, language, love with a necessary disregard for progress

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

3. Bruno's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

Had liked this quite a lot when I first saw it a few years back. It doesn't hold up so well on second viewing, but is still compelling. Made more of visual than ideas, or to put it more precisely, its ideas are better felt through the images than conveyed through the words.

4. Ioana Șomănescu's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

5. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

Youth bietet dafür eine charmante Feststellung: Was ist schon eine tiefsinnige Aussage? Doch nur ein weiterer winziger Schritt auf dem Weg, den Sinn des täglichen Lebens zu ergründen.

6. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

Pretentious, un-engaging, risible, nonsensical ... one could go on, or just cut to the chase and call it atrocious.

7. Sarvenaz Tdashti's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

8. Graham Ball's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

I struggled with this one... I really wanted to like it, given the fact it was Coppola making a comeback after nearly a decade away, but it just didn't deliver the goods. Disappointed.

9. William's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

Coppola's great metaphysical D.W. Griffith movie.

10. dialupmodem's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

love it so much! probably one of my favourites easily BY FAR

11. Benji's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

I really shouldn't comment upon this as I didn't/couldn't watch it all. However, the bits I did watch were shit. Pretentious is an ugly and blanket term used by some people for things they don't understand, or for someone who is doing Art that takes itself far too seriously and isn't very good: "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed." This is pretentious.

12. Stephanie Anne's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

pretentious bilge, global turnip

13. Drew.'s rating of the film Youth Without Youth

This doesn't come up under Francis Ford Coppola's page. Neither does Rumble Fish or The Rain People.

14. ghsdtgsdhgsdasghd's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

confusing confusion confuses me.

15. Beatrice's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

This would have been a much better movie if they had done major major cuts to the second half of it.

16. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

I liked the second act best, with the Nazis and the espionage. However, the magic-realism elements at the beginning and end were lost on me. It isn't that I don't appreciate such ideas; I just couldn't see how the whole thing was supposed to fit together. Maybe, in a few years time, I'll have a better understanding of it. For now I will commend Coppola for making something that looks and feels profoundly beautiful.

17. Tigrão's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

18. Jake Cole's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

A lightning strike reverses the aging of a 70-year-old man at the same time the spark of digital cinema signals Coppola's own rebirth. Coppola's literary, musical and philosophical ruminations have rarely been so evocatively combined with his equal love of cinema history, of which he immodestly but rightly sees himself a part. A great, woefully unheralded late-period resurrection.

19. Westley's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

This movie is sort of like 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' except way better.

20. Mattia 5's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

This movie is sublime, unforgettable. I think it's very fascinating and interesting to speak about knowledge putting in relation Human time and Individual time.

21. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

this promised to be great, but somehow it ended up wrong, there is more to Eliade`s fiction than this stiff, frigid, over-intellectualized alienation..

22. Sunday's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

This ranges between 1 and 5 stars for a film viewing experience that ended up being one of the finer MST3k-style riff sessions I've had. It's surprising how with a director we all like, an actor we all enjoy, and a great basis from which the story could unfold, we end up with this magical mess of smoke rings and cooling filters which provided two hours of material to poke at.

23. errantwalker's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

TOO SERIOUS TOO COMPLEX TOO STRANGE

24. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Youth Without Youth

A non cohesive and flawed experiment with some incredibly poignant moments, a haunting love story and a score to die for. Tim Roth is a very gifted and highly underrated actor, capable of transmiting sorrow and anxiety quite easily. I only wish Coppola had concentrated on structure and pace a little bit more.