1. El Biffo's rating of the film Yumen

Why waste $$$ on fancy vacation resorts? You can go to Yumen for a cheap getaway! Although now that this film came out it is probably all trendy and crowded with tourists now. If China is too far, try the ruins of Grossinger's Resort in the Catskills.

2. fonzie's rating of the film Yumen

*bangs two light-bulbs together and breathes heavily*

3. T Mills's rating of the film Yumen

The SEL loses steam here because of their collaboration with the avant garde artists. The film is most interesting when it sticks to images of the town itself but when it drifts towards "performance" it loses authenticity. Perhaps that was not its goal but regardless the film doesn't work well for me, especially near the end with the random scene in an active town featuring the Springsteen song.

4. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Yumen

love it so much only wish/hope/pray i can do this for south london one day

5. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Yumen

6. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film Yumen

Elements of a Zhangke film (rural setting, long takes, beautiful landscapes) without any of the suspense or normal movie things like plot and dialogue. Go watch "24 City" instead.

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Yumen

You don’t understand. I ain’t scared of you motherfuckers! You could post 'Empire' and I'd still look at the thing. Abandoned buildings and shit. Speaking foreign languages. Long shots, few cuts. I can even handle the off-tune humming and whistling. You don’t understand. I ain’t scared of you motherfuckers! Bring it on!

8. Salvador Amores's rating of the film Yumen

why is this tagged as "2012?" didnt it have its world premiere on Berlin 2013?