1. simona dumitriu's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

2. lou.'s rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

J'adore YSL et son style en même temps top classe et révolutionnaire, mais ce film là, c'est franchement nul: il manque totalement d'analyse des caractères. Yves est un enfant gâté et moi aussi: je me suis tellement ennuyée... le César, est-ce que c'est une blague?

3. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

Too much focus on the aesthetics

4. Hariklia Triantafillou's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

Pierre Niney shines in this rather conventional biopic. It is a sleek, beautiful film, but offers little insight into the main character's troubled psyche.

5. Karthik's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

About as inspiring as prune juice...standard biopic fare, gussied up with muted colors and serving that old canard - the suffering artist and the pain become art - in cold aspic.

6. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

Urgh, I've definitely watched the wrong biopic of YSL. I'm Anna-Wintour-dying-from-tedium-of-last-month's-fashion-trend while watching this movie.

7. opandadodavid's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

8. quiteemotional's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

the film is overall quite dull

9. flamingo jones's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

How did Lespert manage to make such a boring film about one of the more interesting figures of contemporary French fashion? Yves Saint Laurent was incredibly innovative and changed the fashion landscape, both with his clothing designs and his use of models of color. It's shame that this meandering film never quite broke the surface to become more than a superficial, shallow biopic.

10. c.g's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

Georgous photography, interesting to see everery decades, its changing, everyone that had inspired him, but it feels like every aspect of his life had been added but with no real connection between them. I feel like the film stays too much on the surface.

11. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

The directing of Jalil Lespert made me want to rate this movie 4 stars. So elegant.

12. DilayA's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

The film has most of the elements you'd expect to find in a biopic of such an influential fashion designer: beautiful shots of beautiful people wearing beautiful clothes. Pierre Niney and Guillaume Gallienne give strong performances.This is definitely watchable, it just could have been better.

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1SD

14. Nilufer Yildirim's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

15. James Roth's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

Pleasantly suprised by this movie, a lot of intensity and great performances. Also a great glimpse into a world I was previously unaware of

16. tenonder's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

17. Strauhs's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

If it wasn't for the beautiful beginning, it would be 2

18. Druvis's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

Didn't have any expectations, but it ended up being pretty all right. 2.5

19. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

Started off positive, the colour is nice and sets the scene well, thanks to the accompanying sets and beautiful outfits. The lead performance is strong and I liked all the jazz music, but unfortunately this becomes a run of the mill biopic, and therefore doesn't grab you.

20. msmichel's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

Pierre Niney gives a chameleon like turn here as Saint Laurent and makes the film something more than just another biopic. Time periods are well captured by director Lespert especially in the early going when fashion shows were in an intimate setting. Performances all around are top notch and despite a hasty ending the film is all around satisfying.

21. Chevalier de Pas's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

I can't speak french and even I realized that there was some problems with the script. It was very beautiful but not practical. Pierre was outstanding as Yves and so was Guillaume as Berge but...

22. Ruby's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent

A pretty good fashion biopic. The performances were all great, and of course the costuming was immaculate, but I just felt there was something slightly lacking. I can't pinpoint exactly what, but it lacked that certain je ne sais quoi a fashion film needs to be truly outstanding.

23. Victor Moreno's rating of the film Yves Saint Laurent