1. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Z

Remember when films about politics were actually, ya know, political? Incredible work

2. mubianer's rating of the film Z

A political ballet, from the good old days when it was easier to separate the good guys from the bad guys. For some reason very famous in the English speaking world, while a director like Elio Petri, somewhat similar in style and themes, is not very known.

3. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Z

A trip through the pipeline from Reality to its Alternative.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Z

Directement inspiré de l'assassinat du député grec Grégoris Lambrakis le 22 mai 1963, à Thessalonique, une oeuvre salutaire qui fait honneur au Septième Art... www.cinefiches.com

5. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Z

What an amazing political thriller, weaved with conviction from the opening declaration of intention! Courageous!

6. Meriç Aksu's rating of the film Z

7. Yelizaveta's rating of the film Z

Typical situation for modern Russia.

8. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Z

Pure film manipulation: whatever your politics, by the end you can't help but demand action. So Z is one of the greatest political films - a transcendent story with particular social umph, technical brilliance, and comedy delicately sprinkled throughout. It never stops to let you breath, and that's it's biggest merit.

9. ceknklsn's rating of the film Z

10. ammar's rating of the film Z

11. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Z

to whoever watches this film and enjoys it: GRAB THE ORIGINAL BOOK, NOW

12. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Z

13. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Z

Brainy thriller. One of these days I'll create a list on the depiction of police in world cinema. Down with the police state !

14. Aardsy's rating of the film Z

The gold standard for political thrillers - nimble and sharp.

15. riraru's rating of the film Z

Großartiger Politthriller über korrupte Eliten, Fanatiker, willfährige Staatsdiener – alle sehr gekonnt entlarvend gezeichnet; der kleine Richter bereitet diebische Freude ("Name, Vorname, Beruf!")

16. Muraki's rating of the film Z

The black list in the final scene contains so many things I love. one of the greatest investigation films.

17. Kyle Knapp's rating of the film Z

Very well done, even if it's a little too dry to thrill me. Still, it's well written, well acted, and well put together. The ensemble is memorable, the score is great, and the camerawork has an occasionally astonishing ingenuity. I just wish it let me sink my teeth into it a little more.

18. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Z

19. HSBilly's rating of the film Z

Unforgetable. i'm laughing when these 4 high ranked government officials embarassingly trying to open the wrong door.

20. Videograms's rating of the film Z

21. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Z

Breathtaking. I can't stop thinking about this film.

22. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Z

Notable filme político sobre la represión de todo un Gobierno. Una confabulación que intenta frenar a un bando de oposición, abre paso a una historia tensa que provoca impotencia. "Z" transita entre la crónica y el filme policial. Un ejemplo sobre la conspiración y la impunidad. En paralelo, Costa-Gavras promueve también una relato evocativo. Esos intantes de personajes recordando fragmentos de su pasado fascinan.

23. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Z

I can't think of a more pressing, urgent, essential film in these dark, dark times.

24. Cardinalis Cardinalis's rating of the film Z