1. NICOLE86's rating of the film Zardoz

2. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Zardoz

I've never seen a movie so simultaneously funny (albeit unintentionally) and so simultaneously boring.

3. Tom Vienne's rating of the film Zardoz

4. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film Zardoz

5. bleadof's rating of the film Zardoz

Sean Connery in impressive futuristic piece of underwear, flying head and hippie master race — how could it be better? The acting is as serious you'd like. It's perfect campy oddity! Where can I find more movies like this?

6. bryanvmh's rating of the film Zardoz

Makes you yearn for death's sweet release

7. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Zardoz

Existential masturbation whose motivation is shrugged off in the opening monologue and thereafter has an 'end of term' feel to all the play of gods, penises, guns and any other phallic objects it can reference. It's very humourless and we've visited this allegorical territory many times. Visually striking, not least of course the image of Connery in a loincloth which veers the interest away from the existential.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Zardoz

Un conte de fée métaphysique qui fait réfléchir le spectateur sur le destin de l'homme et certains de ses rêves. Cette oeuvre difficile de John Boorman d'une étonnante richesse thématique, à la plasticité souvent géniale, nécessite plusieurs visions pour vraiment entrer dans l'étrangeté du sujet... www.cinefiches.com

9. daniroelleb's rating of the film Zardoz

I love this film Sean Connery is great in it. The way it was shot and styled was really beautiful even though it's very campy and quite unbelievable as far as the whole idea of the film. It doesn't take itself to seriously which I think is why I love it, it gives me something.. I just don't know what but set and production wise I love it.. and I love where it was trying to go.

10. HSBilly's rating of the film Zardoz

wild but fantastic. love it

11. Michael Wallace's rating of the film Zardoz

This is a great, terrible film to have a drink and watch with a bunch of friends. Has some very interesting ideas with less than stellar execution, although well shot with some hilarious scenes and characters.

12. Ghostman's rating of the film Zardoz

13. Aardsy's rating of the film Zardoz

Singularly weird, ambitious, and off-putting.

14. JMKE's rating of the film Zardoz

:O What vision!! Aren't we all so grateful we can die?

15. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Zardoz

(3.5) So much better than I'd been led to believe!

16. mattywuh's rating of the film Zardoz

Some great ideas and some terrible ones, all muddled up together.

17. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Zardoz

18. Shea Hennum's rating of the film Zardoz

Holy shit. Ya'll seen this thing?

19. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Zardoz

Bonkers, but maybe not quite bonkers enough.

20. Tlr Creme Org's rating of the film Zardoz

Hairy chest wife beating Connery shines in this fluffy accidental cult movie

21. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Zardoz

Either it leaves you with food for thought and stays with you long after, or it pisses you off. Both are signs of a film worth watching.

22. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Zardoz

I gave it several tries over the years - always with the same result: I think it's a silly film.

23. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Zardoz

"The penis is evil" LMAO , apart from the times when it looked ridiculous, this was pretty good actually.I don't understand that "so bad it's good" thing. The concept was pretty cool and all those effects would have looked great on an actual big budget

24. sacajawèale's rating of the film Zardoz

"The gun is good. The penis is evil." The first part has the very best expectations: really stunning direction! from then on the movie goes straight like a train without binary that grind all the obstacles that stands in front of him (although i found the final slightly diffusive and ramshackle). Cult!