1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Zardoz

Existential masturbation whose motivation is shrugged off in the opening monologue and thereafter has an 'end of term' feel to all the play of gods, penises, guns and any other phallic objects it can reference. It's very humourless and we've visited this allegorical territory many times. Visually striking, not least of course the image of Connery in a loincloth which veers the interest away from the existential.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Zardoz

Un conte de fée métaphysique qui fait réfléchir le spectateur sur le destin de l'homme et certains de ses rêves. Cette oeuvre difficile de John Boorman d'une étonnante richesse thématique, à la plasticité souvent géniale, nécessite plusieurs visions pour vraiment entrer dans l'étrangeté du sujet... www.cinefiches.com

3. daniroelleb's rating of the film Zardoz

I love this film Sean Connery is great in it. The way it was shot and styled was really beautiful even though it's very campy and quite unbelievable as far as the whole idea of the film. It doesn't take itself to seriously which I think is why I love it, it gives me something.. I just don't know what but set and production wise I love it.. and I love where it was trying to go.

4. HSBilly's rating of the film Zardoz

wild but fantastic. love it

5. Michael Wallace's rating of the film Zardoz

This is a great, terrible film to have a drink and watch with a bunch of friends. Has some very interesting ideas with less than stellar execution, although well shot with some hilarious scenes and characters.

6. Ghostman's rating of the film Zardoz

7. Aardsy's rating of the film Zardoz

Singularly weird, ambitious, and off-putting.

8. JMKE's rating of the film Zardoz

:O What vision!! Aren't we all so grateful we can die?

9. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Zardoz

(3.5) So much better than I'd been led to believe!

10. mattywuh's rating of the film Zardoz

Some great ideas and some terrible ones, all muddled up together.

11. Jim Fear's rating of the film Zardoz

12. Shea Hennum's rating of the film Zardoz

Holy shit. Ya'll seen this thing?

13. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Zardoz

Bonkers, but maybe not quite bonkers enough.

14. Tlr Creme Org's rating of the film Zardoz

Hairy chest wife beating Connery shines in this fluffy accidental cult movie

15. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Zardoz

Either it leaves you with food for thought and stays with you long after, or it pisses you off. Both are signs of a film worth watching.

16. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Zardoz

I gave it several tries over the years - always with the same result: I think it's a silly film.

17. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Zardoz

"The penis is evil" LMAO , apart from the times when it looked ridiculous, this was pretty good actually.I don't understand that "so bad it's good" thing. The concept was pretty cool and all those effects would have looked great on an actual big budget

18. sacajawèale's rating of the film Zardoz

"The gun is good. The penis is evil." The first part has the very best expectations: really stunning direction! from then on the movie goes straight like a train without binary that grind all the obstacles that stands in front of him (although i found the final slightly diffusive and ramshackle). Cult!

19. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Zardoz

Spectacular, ambitious, eccentric, and many things one can't describe. Zardoz is a hypnotizing film about theatricality, about the fake nature of cinema and stories, even the ones we believe to be real. In the end it boils down to entertainment, about finding something to avoid boredom. Just like Arthur Fryan (Zardoz) does throughout. Of course, being the illusionist can get boring after a while, and then what?

20. Luka's rating of the film Zardoz

Highlander meets Monty Python with a lot of Connery in spandex

21. Faisal Salah's rating of the film Zardoz

One of those films that are so bad they're good. makes little to no sense at times but very entertaining nonetheless. tries to achieve art sophistication but ends up looking aimless.

22. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Zardoz

John Boorman's dystopian science fiction satire was roundly condemned by most of the unimaginative reviewers who encountered it upon first release. Somehow they didn't see the humor or the horror in it, or the general likelihood of its premise, which looks more and more likely as our biosphere is further compromised daily and the wealthy concentrate great wealth, power, and knowledge in fewer and fewer hands.

23. iseeadarkness's rating of the film Zardoz

Perhaps the greatest film ever made.

24. Zach Franks's rating of the film Zardoz

Well holy shit, so this movie and Dark City had a child and it became The Matrix. Aside from that, this movie is absolute primo batshit sci-fi somewhere between Brazil and Howard the Duck, there you shall find ZARDOZ!!! ps- Connery in a dress.