Pour une meilleure expérience sur MUBI, Mettez à jour votre navigateur.

Notes et avis

1. Antares Rising's rating of the film Peau d'âne

2. Farnaz Hashemnia's rating of the film Peau d'âne

3. pluviosity's rating of the film Peau d'âne

It's err... "enchanting" in some ways. The greatest part was when the fairy godmother simply told the princess she's an idiot.

4. Pegarange's rating of the film Peau d'âne

6/10. The fairy tale story isn't that impressive, but the colours definitely are - after all, they're Demy's speciality.

5. Seesaw's rating of the film Peau d'âne

The extremity of the film instantly defines the boundary of image that the image in the film is always an illusion unless the time is involved. However once you realize its essence, rest of the time is absurdly boring.

6. Leonardo Neiva's rating of the film Peau d'âne

It is a fairy tale told with so much verve and innovation that, even though financial and material resources are clearly restrained, the result on screen seems even richer because of those limits. Every song here is wonderful.

7. Ric O's rating of the film Peau d'âne

a surrreal fun fantasy flamboyant pastiche exercise of style based on a classic fairy tale. very enjoyable as long as you keep your senses on childish and naive mode.

8. Juan Javier's rating of the film Peau d'âne

9. Kuja's rating of the film Peau d'âne

How lucky I was to have seen this trippy-campy fabulation in 35mm!! It has to be seen in 35mm!!

10. Europudding's rating of the film Peau d'âne

R.I.P. Donkey that sharts gold. Wow! Those dresses! *_* Really impressed that the tailor managed to create an animated dress that is the colour of the weather!

11. Aaken's rating of the film Peau d'âne

Jacques Demy found the perfect ingredients to bring a fairy tale to the big screen. Imagination and irony being the key. Add Michel Legrand's unique music, Deneuve's grace and beauty, Seyrig and Marais and the recipe is complete for a timeless retelling.

12. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Peau d'âne

13. Sanna Hajnos's rating of the film Peau d'âne

Oh my the cat throne! If I'll ever hire an interior decorator, I'll demand they see this film! Pure creative overload.

14. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Peau d'âne

A fairy tale of the type that Disney would have loved to tell had it not involved animal skinning and a hint of incest. Lovely decor, costumes and set design add to the flavor and the timelessness of it all that manage to end the spell with a helicopter landing. Eccentric fantasy musical of the unique kind.

15. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Peau d'âne

A playful adaptation of a french fairly tale with a bit of a modern twist. I never knew of this story before watching this, and might I say, what a strange tale it is. What was the moral? Did it have one? Haven't got a clue. Still enjoyed it though, the strikingly colorful aesthetic and enthralling music kept it interesting throughout. Some of the more surrealist looking scenes I found thoroughly enjoyable as well.

16. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Peau d'âne

A wonderful way to tell this fairy tale... and the campy set design is great...

17. amandav's rating of the film Peau d'âne

fairytale + freud on a twisted, dark n funny ecstasy trip

18. FilmEdie's rating of the film Peau d'âne

A film all at once bewitching & surrealist, innocent & eccentric, rakishly charming & unflinchingly sophisticated. If I'm gonna be swept off my feet, let it be by Demy! Pulls off subverting both the moralistic conservatism of the fairy tale and the seriousness of the 'art film'. Check out: 1) This hilarious attempt at recreating Cake D'Amour http://bit.ly/2xusuKy; 2) The wacky prog-rock poster art.

19. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Peau d'âne

Oh my, what a way to tell a princess story. Demy's crafty tale brings such visual delight that's impossible not to miss this kind of cinema maker: it almost makes you hate CGI-fetish from contemporary fables - the kind that pukes and explodes things right at your face. The costumes, the scenario, the art design - it immediately teleports you into fantasy. Beautiful work and beautiful world.

20. FISCHER's rating of the film Peau d'âne

Sans démériter, Demy n'arrive jamais à la féerie souhaitée... www.cinefiches.com

21. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Peau d'âne

One of the few films that manages to make up for a lack of substance with a beautiful packaging.

22. kartina obskura's rating of the film Peau d'âne

23. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Peau d'âne

Rewatched and re-loved. TOP film, a brilliant, intelligent and ironic adaptation of the literary fairytale by Charles Perrault. There's nothing more visually beautiful than Peau d'âne, each frame is perfect and full of detail and colour, I'm in love again but at the same time it's terrible for me to see a donkey skin, even if it is faux.

24. Hati Le's rating of the film Peau d'âne

The fairy godmother is such a bitch, i love her!

← Previous 1 3 4