Pour une meilleure expérience sur MUBI, Mettez à jour votre navigateur.

Notes et avis

1. Sunil Chauhan's rating of the film High Life

cold, stiff, conceptually intriguing but undercooked. dialogue is stilted (if plausible considering they're planets away from earth) w/lines delivered in a way that doesn't sound like normal speech. def leaves you w/matter to mull over but it doesn't truly explore them in an esp inspiring or thorough way. nice to see her trying out a new genre, but it's disappointing. in that sense, it's of a piece w/her last two.

2. tenonder's rating of the film High Life

herbekijken - ik begrijp er niets van

3. burcu tumkaya's rating of the film High Life

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film High Life

Solaris takes on man's quandary of existence in a meaningless universe, and High Life does too, but focuses more on man's quandary of existence with it's own soul and that of other man. Lots of Tarkovsky nods, but this as Claire Denis as it gets.

5. chazell's rating of the film High Life

wow ! but also this is brutal and horrible

6. Guy Grand's rating of the film High Life

A hauntingly beautiful film. Clair Denis brings some classic French existentialism to American audiences with her first English-language feature. What the script may lack dialogue and character development, is all made up for with an incredible performance by Robert Pattinson. He brilliantly captures complete loneliness and the acknowledgment of momentary existence simultaneously, without feeling too​ pretentious.

7. ig_____or's rating of the film High Life

Arthouse psycho-sexual drama in space. Yes please. Binoche is fearless as fuck playing a fertility doctor with an agenda of her own.

8. Cihat Ertem's rating of the film High Life

9. femme qui dort's rating of the film High Life

10. Adam Metwally's rating of the film High Life

Claire Denis is a hack. 1) Trite and exposition-heavy dialogue. 2) No characters or development. 3) Empty, radical failure at a sexual "Solaris."

11. Dan's rating of the film High Life

Denis, in a strange and direct way, explores our shared needs for discovery, purpose and love that all make life bearable. An entirely perfect film.

12. abyantama's rating of the film High Life

13. camille demers-lambert's rating of the film High Life

14. Absentia's rating of the film High Life

15. VincentVendetta's rating of the film High Life

Everything is disconnected. Whether they are shots, colours, scenes, time, space, nature, technology, people or human bodies; contrasts and paradoxes abound where every organic link has been obliterated with great violence and confusion. Claire Denis has decided to become the Catherine Breillat successor we desperately need, and gave us the Andrei Tarkovsky movie we truly deserve.

16. Roy's rating of the film High Life

17. Knights of Odessa's rating of the film High Life

3.5 I can't understand but I understand.

18. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film High Life

This was the turn for Claire Denis to gift us with this Sci Fy masterpiece. The film really takes you there, beyond the solar system, in a spaceship, next to a black hole. The narrative explains why those people are there, but without resorting to many details. It leaves you in some sort of blank space, as the universe itself. Sex and violence in outerspace, depicted in a brutal and beautiful way.

19. coltonwadej's rating of the film High Life

20. oooooo's rating of the film High Life

21. Kevin's rating of the film High Life

Maybe 3.5. Jury's still out.

22. vordven's rating of the film High Life

23. Lucas Granero's rating of the film High Life

En la habitual batalla de energías que toda película de Denis expone, High Life se centra en las más primales. Lo único que resta de una humanidad en ciernes, al borde de la desaparición total (al menos en la forma en que la conocemos), es la tensión entre los deseos irrefrenables y la inelubible llegada de la muerte. Aquí, la única forma de mantenerse vivo es mediante estallidos de violencia, fluidos y sangre.

24. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film High Life

I found the dialog and voice-over to be excruciatingly exposition-heavy and there were times when I wanted the plot to keep moving but there is something about this crazy world that keeps sending slips of little images back to me weeks afterwards. At times mesmerising, revolting, intriguing and tense, there's a solid nod to Solaris and its a welcome miracle a film like this gets made in this climate. 3.5 stars

← Previous 1 3 4