Pour une meilleure expérience sur MUBI, Mettez à jour votre navigateur.

Notes et avis

1. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Roma

I saw the film from Agnes Varda 'Cleo from 5 to 7' just before and I can see the influence. This film is beautifully shot and follows Cleo, a housekeeper, and the family she works for with all the life events and also the historical events happening along the way... Truly impressive!

2. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Roma

May'19 - Disappointed. I really dislike this highly sanitised symmetrical visual style also found in Ida. Makes me hyper aware of the camera and everything seems plastic, over designed and coldly observed.

3. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Roma

4. Adam Metwally's rating of the film Roma

Cuaron needs to learn his craft.

5. seakat's rating of the film Roma

It should be zero stars

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Roma

The film cost $15M to make and they spent $25M on the Oscar campaign. I generally miss most of the Oscar bait movies each year because they tend to be inspirational. My favorite film of 2018 so far is 'Pity' by Babis Makridis. This is not a bad film, but you can see its intent.

7. bartkl's rating of the film Roma

I love how this film succeeds in making you feel like an observer, both of a piece of history as of an intense, hard life of a working class woman. The acting and photography are amazing and greatly aid in the immersive effect. Everything's just so subtle. I particularly thought the baby scene and beach scene were incredible. Wonderful film adhering to a more classic style. I'm surprised this is a Netflix production.

8. hugoFrrs's rating of the film Roma

9. Eilidh's rating of the film Roma

10. Shay McAteer's rating of the film Roma

Beautifully shot and made to be completely believable in every aspect of execution - detailed set design, great acting, a plot that turns from the everyday life of a middle-class Mexican family to a heartbreaking demonstration of the struggles of their domestic worker due to class, racial and gender prejudice as well as the problems inherent to life and the time and place in which it is set (1970s Mexico).

11. Joanna's rating of the film Roma

Cuaron tries to do Tarkovsky but he sadly fails. The film is a mess - the pace is off, the editing is off, everything is miscalculated. Good characters but they are incredibly under developed. I don't even think it was short all that well. Disappointing, boring and try hard.

12. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Roma

I haven't found this that glorious as it seems at first sight. Expected a more dramatic story but only in the last 20-30 mins. this really became emotional; the beach scene was truly special, for sure the most impressive moment in the entire film. I've appreciate this more for the creative process, the movie being beautifully shot in black and white. Great cinematography! 8.5/10.

13. Renton47's rating of the film Roma

I see Roma as a great success of perspective. We infer the story has been filled out, as witnessed by a child, of a carer who in turn has limited perspective of the life of her employer. That it also contains distance from her inner life and the politics of the time is the prickly part, and is the question I am still unpacking. The total environmental immersion of the film makes the grappling worthwhile.

14. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Roma

Mediocre. Un'esca mediatica che urla "Datemi l'Oscar!" ad ogni cambio di inquadratura. Una dedica personale di un regista devoto da anni al cinema patinato hollywoodiano, che cerca di raccontare, con sostanziosa dose di autoreferenzialismi, un storia non così eccezionale come la macchina dei media tripla A tendono a raccontare.

15. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Roma

16. Kasun Surindu's rating of the film Roma

8.5/10 There are movies which are known as great movies, not because of the story, but how its seen by the audience. Yes, the film doesn't have a very different, striking story. Transforming an ordinary subject into a deep and sophisticated film experience around a simple story is what makes this movie a great one. A portrayal of the complexity of life, filled with love and betrayal, with unfulfilled dreams

17. Merih Sakarya's rating of the film Roma

Great movie! Amazing photographs,

18. @frassivan's rating of the film Roma

Un'opera ciclopica con un'infinità di sottotrame che si intrecciano dentro a una storia apparentemente comune

19. hammonade's rating of the film Roma

20. JoãoOliveira's rating of the film Roma

Lots of incoherences between the movie's/Cuaron's purpose and its final result. That last shot, tho.

21. Sofia Fernandes's rating of the film Roma

a bagagem é pesada sem excessos a bagagem é a vida sem excessos só a vida

22. Yishayahu's rating of the film Roma

pretentious, tedious, depiction of growing up rich in mexico, the only fantasy in this film is the director's idea that his servants worship their master's generosity. the only good scene is the martial arts lesson.

23. nicolecahali's rating of the film Roma

Adorei! Gostei muito da casa, detalhes, móveis, câmera e fotografia. Emocionante, chorei em 2 momentos. Conseguiu retratar de modo forte e ao mesmo tempo delicado um México não muito representado e um momento histórico. Achei a atuação da atriz principal incrível, passa muito a apatia de um nicho pouco mencionado e camuflado socialmente. Muito importante filmes como esse terem visibilidade em Hollywood!

24. Gabriella F's rating of the film Roma

People have told me that this movie was too still, too slow, but I only saw it as really intense.