Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Notes et avis

1. Fernando Figueroa's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

The asthenic syndrome (1990). "You are old, my husband was not. Understand what? You are alive, my husband is not. Nothing to understand, sign", Natasha rudely sucks at her superior who has just been ask you to agree to sign your resignation. Heal the fixation, the snake inside! Going down the street and being verbally molested by a homeless man, returning and driving him home to sleep with him, with all the anger

2. Ethan's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

This is an interesting look into insanity in an indifferent world that holds very little value on human life and well being. Filled with beautiful and haunting imagery this film takes you on a stark journey that will open your eyes to expansive destructiveness of the human mind.

3. BobbyTee's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

My friend just came out clean from rehab, and we went straight to the cinema to watch this....I think it was to much nihilism, but he gave me the best review afterwards about all the symbolic stuff related to the satanic bible in the film. I think the end was too long, but i think, that just another symbolic point again again, to give the watcher the asthenic syndrome. I have never seen a film like this

4. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

This is somewhat like a Bunuel movie in structure but with the specificity of the Soviet regime in decline therefore there is alot of shouting and nudity in a summoning of a glasnost prayer!

5. Traum Baum's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

Like a non-structural (prequel to) D’Est, but whereas Akerman is interested in documenting the post-Soviet atmosphere of elegiac reminiscence of a time that once was, Muratova captures the mass hysteria and neurosis during the transitional period of Perestroika whose side effects eventually led to collapse of the Soviet Union.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

Un déroulement scénaristique agencé selon le principe de l'anti-narration, support de l'œuvre, qui devient souvent ennuyeux, voire insupportable... www.cinefiches.com

7. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

It's a monster! The world turned inside out. I just wish it was done in a more surreal way like the way Żuławski does it. The best part is when Nikolaj is visited in the loony bin by two women moving in synchronous motion.

8. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

This Muratova lady is totally mad. Was my response after the lights came on. But she with whom I saw it, who retains dim childhood memories of Soviet days and much clearer ones of the post-collapse years, shrugs and says of this long film, populated by sick, violent, insane people who routinely shout at each other, throw things at each other, and beat each other up: "She's just showing how it was. It's realism."

9. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

It's the post-Stalinist neurosis of a whole society -condensed in 140 minutes- for everyone's masochistic viewing pleasure.

10. kartina obskura's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

outer manifestation can seem exaggerated and misplaced (this doesn´t actually happen that way in "real life") but this is not about consequences and final expression. it´s about how it looks and feels from the inside. inner mise-en-scenes. if we would all speak our thoughts, colorfully expressed our pains with body-trembling, screams, jumps - it would look like this film.

11. David Grillo's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

One becomes sad like one becomes poor.

12. tidal waif's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

a guy with gorbachev's portrait on his cap is searching for misha (mihail gorbachev) to announce him that kolia (nicolae ceausescu) has been killed. a school headmaster is called vissarion iossifovitch, because he wants to build a man totally opposed to the one that the historical iossif vissarionovitch had commanded. during the eighties, the russian alcoholic prohibition forced many to use thick shoeshine and slices

13. Andrei Rus's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

14. Arvid Sollenby's rating of the film Le syndrome asthénique

This is one of the greatest movies ever made!