Para uma melhor experiência na MUBI, atualize seu navegador.

Notes et avis

1. Karel's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

It's a good thing that this restaurantion didn't remove all the scratches. Scorsese described this as a "western", and there's certainly a case to be made for that: violence also isn't used here at random for example. But beside the strong narrative angle to this movie (trying to establish self-esteem among the children of the village), there's that gorgeous father/son-relation to fully comes alive near the end.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

3. Bora's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

Devletin kanunları koyup düzeni sağlayamadığı yerde adaleti hudutların haydutları sağlar.

4. Renton47's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

It took me a little while into its short running time to enter the Border space, what with its snappy introduction to characters and plot, but once there I understood its reassessment in the landscape of the history of film. Its fusion of neorealism and Western is a perfect means to underline the tradition and modernity in conflict. The standoff staging is exquisite.

5. misu's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

6. dionysus67's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

Beyond the lmitations of a butchered extant print and the somewhat rudimentary acting at points, the rest is a gripping folk 'western' set in Turkey's vast rural lanscapes.Traditional honor codes, feuds and contraband confront modernization, which appears here through the project of building a school. Alas! Tragedy will unfold, leading to some superbly orchestrated violence and dramatic peak of family schism.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

Un des tous premiers films marquant le renouveau (in)espéré du cinéma turc, avec comme emblématique acteur principal l'incontournable et futur réalisateur Yilmaz Güney, qui met en lumière les graves problèmes endémiques du pays résultant du manque général d'instruction et d'éducation, handicap majeur bloquant toutes évolutions d'une société repliée sur d'ancestraux codes désuets et mortifères ,www.cinefiches.com

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film La loi de la frontière

Cars vs horses. Army vs smugglers. Instruction vs ignorance. Feet vs mines. Rocks vs rocks. Recommended.

9. Jason's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

THE LAW OF THE BORDER is like a narcotic experience. Also more than a little like a psychedelic experience. But it isn't really anything like the narcotic/psychedelic experiences other movies that offer narcotic/psychedelic experiences have offered me. I guess really it does beyond-commendably what first turned me on about world cinema as a youngster: it introduces me to strange places and slightly alien mindsets.

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

11. Duncan Gray's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

Stark landscapes, jagged shootouts, a clash with modernity—this is a Turkish Western, and a good deal like our own. The cinematic/narrative construction isn't seamless, and the ending could use a subtler touch. But the way it sketches the relations between its community and the authorities trying to force them to modernize is as thoughtful, sensitive, and—yes—subtle as any genre film we were home-growing over here.

12. Caitlin's rating of the film La loi de la frontière

In a Turkish border town, villagers struggle to survive through any means necessary, including smuggling. A school brings the hope of a better future for their children, but conflict and tension lead to a violent ending.