Notes et avis

1. Walker's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

A road movie in which the car breaks down. Few films I've seen depict the harsh realities of that constitute life for so many Americans in the 21st century, and yet Kelly Reichardt allows for a relationship of emotional depth between a woman and her dog, a few scattered moments of tenderness, and shoots powerful 16mm images.

2. Adam Metwally's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Pursuit of Happyness + Umberto D but without a third act

3. Derrière chaque paupière des oeillades's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

4. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

While I respect Reichardt I can say sometimes her cinema comes off more procedural than cinematic. This has fine moments, in particular, it's ending but I just feel like there is more that can be squeezed out of this and she is holding back for the sake of the aesthetic she's established.

5. Thomas's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Like all Reichardt's films, this takes its time to develop, allowing mood and atmosphere to take centre stage for the narrative (such as there is) to take place. It is a lyrical meditation on a slice of life.

6. James Mackin's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

7. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Even if Reichardt's career started in the 1990s, Wendy and Lucy feels very much like a first film, and in a good way. Its simple structure and open nature speaks of a pureness of youth, one whose innocence will soon disappear.

8. ruipsoliveira's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

9. Aeclipse's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

The tone of this movie is so dark, bitter, also stifling and I was nearly unable to breathe. It reminded me of the Manchester by the sea which was also acted by Michelle Williams. Then I was thinking how that movie out stands this one, result being that the loss of the deaths of children seems to be less bearable which may invoke the most heavy melancholy.

10. I.Camera's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Perhaps part of a post-GFC 'cinema of decline', this is a deeply moving and well acted portrait of a woman with few resources to fall back on and a ragged dog for company. Commendably, the film doesn't condescend to its audience with needless background on its protagonist's life story. Set in a nowhere land of small town stores and empty streets, it is probably Kelly Reichardt's best film to date.

11. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Maybe my heart was a little underdeveloped when I first saw this, but there’s no way you can watch a Kelly Reichardt film without falling apart and wanting to hug someone because Reichardt’s movies are all about isolation and an inarticulable need humans have for the simplest of connections. Lucy.

12. Ronja's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

one of the saddest films i've seen

13. The Macho King's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

14. lbunuel's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

I don't get the hype. There's something going on here, and Kelly Reichardt clearly has a cinematic eye, but the blending of the allegorical and the naturalistic registers fell completely flat for me.

15. Francisco's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Pretty. So fucking "simple".

16. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

A simple movie but not at all simple in mind. Very effective with few resources. A indie drama about the realism of everday struggle, people and places, low life. Michelle Williams is natural here. Good acting. Fine effort from the director. Instantly liked her approach about filmmaking. The ending was very good, emotional of course. 7.25/10

17. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

The piece where Kelly Reichardt formed her reputation for pulling grandeur from silences and mundane relationships. I don't know if she's on the record for paying homage to Bicycle Thieves, but this is as deeply felt a depiction of economic desperation and the pain it wreaks on our human (or animal) connections.

18. Adam GR's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

A little heartbreaker. Lucy can act, with Reichardt's love and subliminal direction. A strange relationship with responsibility.

19. Milly Hampton's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

20. Videograms's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Lovelier than I expected. Slow burner with subtle pitch-shifts in tone and character.

21. Nicole Richie's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

22. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Reichardt kind of reproduces "Old Joy" with her minimalist style. She is close from her actress and get the best of her. I like the fact that she does not explain much (because we don´t need to know and because it creates a narrative tension). I understand there is nothing revolutionary about her cinema but i like it, it is way more touching as a lot of films today. Simple and true.

23. Ieva's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

Michelle Williams is the indie star.

24. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Wendy et Lucy

kiedyś mnie urzekł ten film ale już nie za bardzo pamiętam o czym był więc chyba o niczym.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7