रेटिंग्स और समीक्षाएं

1. Elijah T.'s rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

My gosh, this is a beautifully strange one. The consistency within its presentation and performances. The sudden "wtf" moments. The representation of the overwhelming problems of youth. The curious length of conversations that I couldn't help but wonder the necessity of. It needs to be screened with a crowd curious to experience this beautiful humorous butterfly the way it should be--with a live audience.

2. Nicole's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

it was all the buzz last year and now i finally see what it was all about. Thank goodness for mubi giving me A Bread Factory, I can see why people liked it so. Rare kind of filmmaking, sure Altman would've been proud, but it's also just got the kind of strangeness that's risk taking these days.

3. ShawnD's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

This movie somehow escaped my attention but after watching it, now I know why. Thirty minutes in, I wondered if I was watching a different film than the one that scored a 90--rarified air--on Metacritic. The world presented here...oy, Lord of the Rings was more plausible. I thought for a while it was a Guffman-like satire. It isn't. The kids are all precocious. The adults are all gruff but lovable. Oof. Avoid this.

4. I.Camera's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

A movie that makes magic from crumbs about a theatre company trying to do the same thing within a modern capitalist society that views them as redundancies. Reliant on 16mm and a mixture of professional and semi-professional actors, ABF pits a community theatre against a pair of meretricious performance artists whose banalities are mistaken for profundity. A film for those who value meaning, voice, song and truth.

5. Allyson McCall's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

This film is the definition of if you have ever been involved in community theater. It shows the struggles behind the scenes of what it's like to run a theater , what it's like to get the youth involved and what it's like to have a passion for it. Although I can appreciate the style of the film and the drive of the characters. I didn't love it but , I didn't hate it. If it was on in a waiting room I would watch it.

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

How does this thing fucking exist?

7. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

8. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

9. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

So what if they're lesbians, right?

10. italosadevino's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

Wow! I saw this at Austin Film Society and am so glad it's on Mubi. Really great and totally original two parter. Every performance is special. Don't miss it.

11. bryanvmh's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

Embraces and embodies the experience of community theatre - illuminating in the simplicity of its set-up and the multiplicity of feelings. That it also feels scattershot is inevitably part of its charm. Beautiful photography.

12. AugusteB's rating of the film A Bread Factory, Part One: For the Sake of Gold

I enjoyed this film a lot. Full of humor, love and tragedy (and everything is about art!). It was a beautiful gift to see older women in leading roles. My heart was so with them and the bread factory.