रेटिंग्स और समीक्षाएं

1. Ian Bradley's rating of the film Flores

2. chanandre's rating of the film Flores

3. DrFirestone's rating of the film Flores

Not quite sure about this one. On the one hand the visual style (this actually mainly means the colour grading) is interesting and creates a unique mood, the setting and silence suggest good things to come. On the other hand the good things never arrive - the "story" goes nowhere and so does its visual poetry. I am sure it's filled with metaphors, which I obviously missed. I have to say, though, it's quite memorable.

4. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Flores

5. juliana braka's rating of the film Flores

so haunting and intimate. this may be my favorite thing i've seen all year. can't wait to dream abt andre and hydrangeas.

6. Ting Pan's rating of the film Flores

gorgeously shot and...Terry Riley's In C

7. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film Flores

As usual, my queer gaze gets in the way again. I found this unabashedly homoerotic, from the way the soldiers walk to the camera admiring the pretty young things in uniform. One shot of the main soldier boy lying on the ground surrounded by flowers looks like a marriage between Genet and Anger. So many beautiful shots and a complex meditation on an eco-apocalypse (like Annihilation?), but all I see is boys in love.

8. Renton47's rating of the film Flores

Initially I read that second chapter as something of a belittling of our anthropomorphic perspective - the humans flee as nature takes course, but the bees are able to thrive. Takes on a sinister tone as you realise the humans reverse engineer it to be so. Even as we dwindle from the picture there will still be those looking to turn a profit? Better to be the ones wandering in the memory of what is lost.

9. odio_de_vos's rating of the film Flores

Un film estéticamente atrevido con un potente discurso sobre la belleza y la humanidad.

10. Finn Simons's rating of the film Flores

Beautiful and poetic in a sort of romantically tragic way. Interesting parallels to how other Europeans take advantage of Portuguese misfortune appearing in French monologue in contrast to the mournful but warm story of two boys turned soldiers who linger on the island of their childhood. Everything about it is haunting, but in a way that leaves the viewer wanting more after the final lines have been spoken.

11. Carlos Pineda's rating of the film Flores

Un filme sólido, con pocos elementos y mucha fuerza. Un encuadre inestable, poca música pero menos convencional y una información fragmentaria construyen una visión de un mundo que parece real e imaginario a la vez. La tonalidad le confiere un poder visual aun más especial, y tiñendo la atmósfera de manera onírica. Además, la autoreferencia al filme ayuda al extrañamiento...

12. shuela's rating of the film Flores

An aesthetically gorgeous movie. But the way it’s built since the start makes you want more narrative that never arrives. I usually love also the kind of abstract and more poetic cinema, but it felt like here there was not a clear decision on what direction to take. The metaphors and potential interpretations are many. Suggestiveness also makes great cinema. Although a tad disappointed, I admit it stays with you.

13. lou.'s rating of the film Flores

Unexpected. I'm fond of hydrangeas! To me, it's the rich, decadent flower by definition and reminds me about Fosca, the Milanese main female character of the homonymous novel by Igino Ugo Tarchetti (which I love).

14. hiespin8's rating of the film Flores

Jorge Jácome's short-film, Flores (2017), is a thoughtful, poetic glimpse into the power of identity. Through a plague of flowers uprooting society, this gorgeously shot docu-fiction colors our perspective with what it is to be taken away from where we belong.

15. tubbssw's rating of the film Flores

16. DebraM's rating of the film Flores

The metaphorical use of the hydrangea is a nice touch in this short (27 minute) film. It doesn't always work but for the most part I really enjoyed this thought experiment about invasion, displacement and change

17. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Flores

There's a nice contrast here between the beauty of the flowers and how they have impacted on the lives of island residents, but there's just not enough to keep viewers engaged for the runtime (short though it is, it runs at approx 26 minutes).

18. Arnauld Labadie's rating of the film Flores

um sujeito sensível focado em um olho benevolente e complementar. Uma grande metáfora ou contradições geralmente opostas são encontradas em uma seqüência lógica / a sensitive subject focused on a benevolent and complementary eye. A great metaphor or contradictions usually opposed, are found in a logical sequence

19. Larry Barnard's rating of the film Flores

3.5. A nice treat for the senses.

20. Mad D'Lynne's rating of the film Flores

Lovely short film. I wish some ideas had of been expanded on, but sometimes what’s left to the imagination is just as important as what is seen.

21. Pablo's rating of the film Flores

Un pequeño, sugerente e inusual relato con forma de distopía tierna, scifi, militares, destierro e invasión de hortensias.

22. Masha's rating of the film Flores

23. Plataforma Proyectil's rating of the film Flores

24. edsalkeld's rating of the film Flores

Beautiful, imaginative and thoughtful.