MUBI पर बहेतर अनुभव के लिए, अपना ब्राउज़र अपडेट कीजिए.

रेटिंग्स और समीक्षाएं

1. ABVH's rating of the film I Am Mother

It's one of those small SF 50/50 movies, where only one or two things can happen, and one of those two happens.

2. john barry bornstein's rating of the film I Am Mother

I am sucker for this ‘end of humanity’ ‘dystopian future’ thing.

3. abyantama's rating of the film I Am Mother

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film I Am Mother

2-3. Essentially 'Aliens', 'Portal', and 'The Matrix' rolled into one, yet also less than them. It's ultimately less a film about the triumph of the human spirit than it is an anti-technology polemic of sorts. It's kind of made for a generation that sees technology as the new God. Fear seems to be the ultimate intended product of the film. For all the material's thematic potential, it's ultimately simple.

5. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film I Am Mother

This is about artificial intelligence dominating humans or even becoming parents of them. This movie keeps you guessing & your head spinning; it heightens the tension at & with every turn. It is beautifully shot, convincingly designed and with great performances of both actors, Clara Rugaard & Hillary Swank.

6. vladimirbalt's rating of the film I Am Mother

Rich with potential, themes, ideas, and intrigue but no real bang and nothing that special. It's an above average sci-fi flick for a nice afternoon.

7. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film I Am Mother

Solid direction, acting and storytelling combine for one heck of an impressive feature debut. Clara Ruggard is perfect as the impressionable Daughter and easily carries the roller-coaster of emotion through her journey. There are a few logic holes like the rat, stuffing a giant gun in the back of your pants but hey, I look forward to seeing what Sputore tackles next. 3.5 stars

8. anarresti's rating of the film I Am Mother

Wow! The last 2/3 years of sci-fi have been obsessed with themes/approaches I do not relate to (mostly thrillers and upload-your-loved-one-conscience narratives). The first 15 years of this century were amazing sci-fi years. We had Blomkamp at his best, Primer, Her, Snowpiercer, Moon, V For Vendetta and many more. This, I hope, marks the return to great sci-fi stories in movies. China and India also produce now...

9. Cihat Ertem's rating of the film I Am Mother

10. BLP's rating of the film I Am Mother

It's an alright, serviceable sci-fi thriller. The acting is competent at best and the twists can be seen from some distance. Good enough to pass the time but hardly worth watching.