रेटिंग्स और समीक्षाएं

1. generallaurodelvillar's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

2. Chris DeFalco's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Collapses into farcical melodrama in the last act.

3. Ark V's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

brilliantly powerful cinema. It will not set us free

4. M****'s rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Just honest down to last core.

5. desiree's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

8. Sin título.'s rating of the film My Name Is Joe

9. RoRoRoro's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

10. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

11. Richmond Hill's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Another well modulated work from Loach eliciting strong performances in this downward spiral of stark dilemmas and horrendous consequences. Less common for Loach it’s not the System per se failing here, but the repercussions of misplaced individual good faith. Whilst not “Just say no!” this as close as a manifestation of it that I’ve seen.

12. dionysus67's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Familiar territory for Loach who deftly generates another gripping social drama. Punctuated by some hilarious moments (i.e. the football match), it features an astonishing Mullan, aided by a naturalistically acting ensemble. Loach manages to balance critique with a genuine appreciation of current possibilities and he scores wonders in the scene of Joe's repose as he listens to classical music. A humanist manifesto.

13. Ghostman's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

My Name Is Joe is a heartbreaking film about addiction & failure made by the great Ken Loach. Peter Mullan gives one of the finest performances I've seen. Such a film could never be made in America; as it is filled with swearing, honest adult relationships, unglamorous observations on crime, & filled with Loach's working class insights that lean into socialist politics.

14. FISCHER's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Kenneth Loach poursuit dans la voie de l'engagement social avec son talent habituel. Une nouvelle réussite particulièrement émouvante... www.cinefiches.com

15. -REM-'s rating of the film My Name Is Joe

16. kokeshi's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Rivederlo a distanza di anni me l'ha fatto apprezzare ancora di più. Fondamentale l'aspetto drammatico e tragico che mai sfocia nel banale. Come la storia d'amore raccontata senza troppi romanticismi ma prediligendo una piacevole ruvidezza.

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

I cannot say enough words of how good Peter Mullan is in this film. His power and authenticity crackles. This was the best actor for 1998. Not Begnini. This film made me appreciate Ken Loach.

18. Tendoza's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

19. James Devereaux's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Still thinking about Peter Mullan's performance in My Name Is Joe, cant get it out of my head. I believe its when acting is poetry.

20. Lorna Singh's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Another powerful,authentic,moving film from Ken Loach.Peter Mullan was a deserving Best actor winner at Cannes in his portrayal of a good man,who has made mistakes,but will go out on a limb for others. Some funny moments plus a touching love story.

21. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film My Name Is Joe

Come sempre Ken Loach sfrutta la"storia"per mettere in mostra contraddizioni ed ingiustizie sociali.E anche questa volta fa centro,perchè realizza un ottimo lavoro sempre in bilico tra dramma,ironia e umorismo,con un'insolita svolta d'azione nell'ultima parte in cui i rapporti tra i personaggi si complicano troppo.Buonissime le caratterizzazioni e lo spaccato di Glasgow,con in più un grande Mullan. 3,5*

22. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film My Name Is Joe