रेटिंग्स और समीक्षाएं

1. Constance Bennett's rating of the film The Limey

A cinematic tour de force. The ultimate proof that you can make an explosive film without special effects. The closest America has come come to a Guy Ritchie movie. Gotta love the cockney slang. I’m now convinced that Steven Soderbergh can make any genre of movie. He nails both dialogue and editing here.

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Limey

One of my favorite movie from director Steven Soderbergh. In my opinion, THE LIMEY has a simple plot or storytelling. But Soderbergh used some innovative editing techniques to tell his story. The result was remarkable. Other than exciting storytelling, THE LIMEY also has some incredible performances in it. Especially, Terence Stamp as the main lead. He could easily have sympathy for him. Peter Fonda was also great...

3. chris's rating of the film The Limey

4. juanwynnxiii's rating of the film The Limey

This film has value and is well done for what it was aimed for, but I didn't enjoy watching it. If not for the shots out of order and overlapping dialogue that was sometimes poetic, the narrative doesn't seem unique. It's structured similar to Comet (2014) but less abstract. Casual and straightforward in tone, presentation, and violence, that turned a bit silly near the end. Great a nostalgia seeing the cast.

5. William R Clark's rating of the film The Limey

6. El Biffo's rating of the film The Limey

Revenge Movie with a bunch of guys shooting at each other. I wouldn't have watched this if it hadn't been presented on Mubi. I suppose Soderbergh is considered an Auteur, of sorts. Nice editing. I usually don't even review these kinds of pictures but I guess this is an Action/Arthouse crossover. I liked the Easy Rider homage with Peter Fonda and Magic Carpet Ride. So long Peter, you were a piece of Hippie History.

7. Dylan O'Connell's rating of the film The Limey

The Limey is a drama/murder mystery movie directed by Steven Soderbergh, about a english man named Wilson who traveled to america trying to find out what happen to his daughter Jenny Wilson, to find out if she was murdered or if her death was really a car accident. The movie starts out kind of slow but slowly picks up as it goes on the plot that hits home in the last 30 minutes of the film. The Limey is a good film.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Limey

This was back before Soderbergh traded style for fluidity. Good performances, though it's tough to tell whether Stamp's dialogue wasn't a bit hackneyed. As if he were overplaying it a bit because nobody could tell the difference.

9. Reid Schmidt's rating of the film The Limey

With a concept that has been used time and time again, revenge, it would be easy for The Limey to rely on tropes and tell a mediocre story. Instead, Soderbergh's care for the character shows in its stylistic elements that cause the viewer anxiety and anticipation, replicating the very feelings of the main protagonist, confusion on the edge of mental instability. The Limey is a very touching story.

10. Anachary's rating of the film The Limey

The editing is impeccable. Best of Soderberg's work.

11. samantha rodriguez's rating of the film The Limey

Language used is not what would be expected from a 2019 movie but for the time period is appropriate. Haziness of beginning scenes makes the audience want to watch more. Flashbacks are very beneficial for the success of the movie. Camera was also shaky, but camera quality was good. The ending is the best part of this movie. Wilson is revealed to be not as reckless as he's seemed and there is closure for Jenny.

12. Madelyn Fletcher's rating of the film The Limey

While Soderbergh’s film was fascinating, it was hard to follow. There were multiple clips from this movie that flashed back to a different time period or scenes that left you feeling a bit confused. The suspense was great, I never knew what was gonna happen, but at the same time I’m not sure if I’m a fan of that because it’s harder for it to make sense of it all and how it will play out. Did not end like I expected.

13. michael Dunahm's rating of the film The Limey

In terms of movies that have 'vengeance' as the main undertone, The Limey leaves a lot to be desired. I felt unsatisfied with the majority of the movie from character development, to any sort of flow in the narrative, and finally to the more crucial scenes that i felt should have been taken a different direction.

14. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Limey

15. Shawn Schroeder's rating of the film The Limey

Great soundtrack and satisfying revenge story. RIP Peter Fonda, an interesting and politically flawed person.

16. Ignatz's rating of the film The Limey

One of the most chronically overrated pieces of shit ever produced.

17. Lucas Runge's rating of the film The Limey

Feels like an indie movie before they were a thing. Did not rsrch the budget but hope it was low.

18. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Limey

2.5 A slight, fairly trite film with occasionally witty lines and good performances by Stamp and Guzman. The editing saves it from being a complete cliche, though at times the flash forward cuts ruin the audience's experience of the narrative. The girlfriend bathes and swims incessantly; not much imagination going into those female character traits. The best sequence is the death of the bodyguard.

19. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film The Limey

20. Sin título.'s rating of the film The Limey

21. Joshua's rating of the film The Limey

Strikingly underrated for its editing finesse, this film suffers from its macho associations, but its strength lies in delicately and gradually unpicking them until all that remains is an empty bellow outside a warehouse.

22. djamanning's rating of the film The Limey

A lot of fun. It leans very heavily on older films. Get Carter done by Nicholas Roeg in the California sun. Zippy and enjoyable.

23. FISCHER's rating of the film The Limey

Un étonnant Terence Stamp ! www.cinefiches.com

24. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film The Limey

Editing is a tossup like its high's and low's. The 'various-possibilities' cuts are creative if overused and the timeline-plays are annoying and useless. Stamp and Fonda are phenomenal, while the characterization is well-developed but slows the pacing and enjoyment down to take notice of its large uncreativity of its narrative elements. The climactic shootout and its resolution to their dispute are witty, though.