रेटिंग्स और समीक्षाएं

1. Nicole's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

"the dark face of a peasant can be a sign that he is thinking of leaving only in the autumn for summer" sometimes a mood.

2. Tâmisa Luiza Rodrigues Xavier e Lima's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

3. Artyom Yakovlev's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

"Workers, Peasants" is Straub/Huillet's laziest effort that I have seen. The message is exactly what you'd normally expect from Straub and Huillet, take it or leave it; the presentation, however, is plagued with poor directors' work with actors (who would have had lots of potential otherwise), the unnecessary mannerism and lack of creativity. Some might say, it's avantgarde. I would say, it's couldn't-care-lessness.

4. Kwemo's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

I'm a huge fan of Huillet and Straub but this is very trying. Heady, rigid, precise, and minimalist. I can't put my finger on why their other pieces I've seen worked and this one doesn't. Maybe it has something to do with Vittorini.

5. Alex Meire's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Best one of theirs in this style? The text is excellent (not just a pick of a great classic), the leap to digital solves some problems of previous ones (special mention to sound), pauses are just right (even if may be too long to 90% of people to follow for two hours) and actors deliver with their voices and gestures. Same as before, but notably better. Still AI replaceable with very few lines of code.

6. tubbssw's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Because of the lack of movement I had real difficulty maintaining focus on the narrative. A peasant I be.

7. Jason's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Vittorini's WOMEN OF MESSINA--which Straub-Huillet's extremely lovely WORKERS, PEASANT adapts--enshrines a laudable communard experiment forged in the aftermath of seismic civilizational calamity. The 21st century has witnesses the intensification of a post-Fordist neoliberal nightmare. Our recourse? I note especially the passage extolling the value of the laurel, both a matter of aesthetics & ease of cultivation.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

If Scorsese and Coppola don't view Marvel movies as cinema then I'd love to know what they think of the work of Danièle Huillet and Jean-Marie Straub, both of whom seem intent on delivering any messages in the most offputting, arid, stilted, way possible. This gets a generous rating for some of the content, but it is yet another endurance test as people stand around in a wooded area and read pages of narration.

9. Guilherme Tristão Martins da Rocha's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

It's only a readind of injustice and peasants problems!!! ONLY!!!

10. Juan Javier's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

11. lou.'s rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Interessante l'impostazione e il concetto, anche se credo che avrebbe reso meglio a teatro. A tratti soporifero, ma se si presta attenzione, la scrittura è super (tutto merito di Elio, but still). Ho rischiato di addormentarmi un paio di volte, ma sono contenta di essere riuscita a vederlo... molto diverso dagli altri — e in italiano, dettaglio che ha reso il compito decisamente meno impegnativo del solito.

12. Paul Rot's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

13. dionysus67's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

While the workers'/peasants' narratives contain much to admire in terms of the care with which details of physical surroundings, animals, houses and milieu recreate memory's compensation for 'temps perdu', one can discern a certain cinematic fatigue in the specific project; thus, one could only speculate the impact this would have, had it been filmed in Brechtean tableaux. Nonetheless, it is absorbing and chthonic.

14. Renton47's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Admittedly a struggle. Conceptually I admire it very much - the reduced delivery, the attention to the quotidian work of the peasants. Things that I can point to enjoying elsewhere. The setting is gorgeous, the framing perfect. However the tone of delivery rendered it very hard for me to keep engaged, to follow a narrative where characters aren't always clearly stipulated. I think this speaks more of my weakness

15. Maribou's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Huillet & Straub go down in the woods to film their very amateur actors reading Elio Vittorini aloud. Fans of their work will know what to expect. The only novelty is in having an outdoor shoot where you never see the sky in frame until the very end. The only let-up an occasional pivot to take in the cast and some foliage. Artistically worthless. People only like them for their politics. Read the book instead

16. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

17. kiribaste's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

18. matelot's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

19. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Straub-Huillet's portrait of the peasant class is as rigorous as it is challenging and for me that's what makes it so great!

20. Des Horne's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

21. tidal waif's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Was the invisible commandment of this film, enforced by a comparably invisible death squad (shooting camerifle) that had actors dared sneak anything personal into acting, they’d be hit on the spot? Is this a socialist realism type of play reduced to its bare-bones theoretical skeleton, where actors are types, umbrella terms, polyphonic voices channeled to speak through a single mouth? Is this about a confederacy that

22. josé neves's rating of the film Workers, Peasants

Cinematography by Renato Berta.

23. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Workers, Peasants