Peringkat & Ulasan

1. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Halloween

2. Rocco's rating of the film Halloween

2.5 It almost pains me to say it, but this isn’t the travesty I remember it as. The massive central failure of the film is Faerch’s performance and the mishandling of Michael’s psychological background, but Zombie shows surprising restraint (kind of) and deference to Carpenter’s original. As bad, early 2000s remakes go, I’ll take Zombie’s stylistic peccadillos over the insulting blandness of Platinum Dunes any day.

3. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Halloween

Zombies take on suburban domestic bliss and serves as a prequel of sorts to the OG Halloween. A great homage to slasher and exploitation while bringing it into the 21st century. The casting is superb and the auteur flourishes are welcome. Much maligned but give me this over DGGs any day. Much more entertaining. White trash Michael Myers !

4. captainfez's rating of the film Halloween

Machete Learns Being Nice Doesn't Pay: the reboot.

5. Bob's rating of the film Halloween

It was actually an interesting idea to humanize Michael Myers instead of repeating the same thing over and over again. But that's also this film's main flaw. Since you're left with bland and unlikable characters, a serial killer (who at one point stops talking) feels more human than his victims. And despite humanization, it looks like Rob Zombie wanted to keep the idea of pure evil which, of course, can not work.

6. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Halloween

As with any cash-in (more accurate than the egregious ‘re-imagining’) does it compare to a presumably superior original? One certainly needs knowledge of it to have even a patina of insight into this otherwise vulgarised and thickheaded exercise in shallow-end psychoanalysis which parallels a coarsened retread of the first. Post-modern perhaps but it’s simply ugly wallpaper over the cracks of a much redecorated cell.

7. Zach hcaZ's rating of the film Halloween

8. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Halloween

Carpenter's Halloween is a masterpiece, there won't be another horror film like it. So when it came time to remake it I'm glad Zombie decided to make the film completely his own. However, I do wish Zombie stuck with this trajectory. The last half hour of the film just feels like a condensed version of the original, which is a real shame since the film started off with such promise.

9. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Halloween

Its stretching it to give it a four but the parts I do like, I like a lot. Two or three scenes should have been all but cut; where was the editor? The movie-Nazi in me is demanding some edits. I also hate the very start, the first character we meet is so repulsive that you want to quit right there. His stepfather was not a very good character unlike Zombie's usual characterwork brilliance.

10. Ethan's rating of the film Halloween

The first half of this film was pure Zombie and I was fucking with it because it was actually something original that Zombie was trying to do but the second half of this film just felt like a horrible rehash of the original Halloween.

11. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Halloween

WTF?....Halloween goes to the trailer park. A remake that demonstrates why Zombie's early style is anything but scary: it's loud and brash, but also silly and annoying. His style may work when he is invoking the grindhouse-era (The Devil's Rejects,) but when he goes for scares and fear it feels untrue. Also when this remake deviates from the original it steps wrong, and when it doesn't it's unnecessary. Rubbish.

12. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Halloween

Storia simile al primo Halloween, ma che realizza un bell'approfondimento psicologico di Michael. La seconda parte cala in termini di qualità, ma lo stile regge. Molto bello e delirante il finale. Interessante anche la critica all'avidità del professore. Regia buona ma che non riesce a sbizzarrirsi. Fotografia e messa in scena ben curate. Personaggi non molto interessanti, esclusi i principali, ben sfaccettati

13. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Halloween

14. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Halloween

15. Diderot's rating of the film Halloween

Carpenter's movie is undeserving of the level of obsession that's obviously required for this movie to happen. As a result, this is Zombie's worst film. It's sequel, while still not too great, is better for not being so tied to an original. It takes the 'mythology' too seriously.

16. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Halloween

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film Halloween

18. norwegianskies's rating of the film Halloween

The first part of the movie was good, but then it just started becoming pointless. Runs away, kills, kills, kills and then kills. Okay, good. Is that all there is? The amount of sex and female nudity (of course the naked people were only girls) also felt pointless to me, it's like it's there only to appeal to the mainstream audience, which makes me dislike it even more. One star for the childhood part, hate the rest.

19. Martin Sichetti's rating of the film Halloween

Un verdadero homenaje, impecable.

20. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Halloween

21. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Halloween

Es de respetar a los directores que realizan remakes y al menos se preocupan por ponerle su firma. Ese es el caso de Zombie quien replantea el origen de la historia e introduce a personajes grotescos propios de una sociedad degradada. Son los estigmatizados que observan en la violencia como medio de escape. Caso el protagonista de la historia, más que consecuente, es innata su naturaleza asesina. Buena fotografía.

22. ionosonde's rating of the film Halloween

rob zombie has no idea how to write dialogue, but other than that this movie is passable. pretty interesting character development.

23. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Halloween

2007, dir. ROB ZOMBIE - 6/10 (USA)

24. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Halloween

If we look at the original and we look at Rob Zombie's remake here, you've got two very diverse films with the through-line being Michael Myers. Zombie manages to capture a very menacing demeanor in the young M.M. as well as the adult. Some of the killings are supremely satisfying, especially the guards during the rape in the uncut version. I loved how gruesome this was overall, and Malcolm McDowell was riveting.