Peringkat & Ulasan

1. vordven's rating of the film Senna

2. Max.Madrid's rating of the film Senna

ayrton, brasil, formula 1, god, humility, lover of life: pure greatness.

3. Inteleter's rating of the film Senna

Extremely compelling. I do like F1 so I was interested in seeing this for some time and it didn't disappoint. The section about the rivalry with Prost was one of the highlights for me and the ending was quite emotional. This was also quite well edited. Overall this was a blast. 4.5/5

4. Mike Jempson's rating of the film Senna

I am no fan of F1 but the sterling work done in Senna's name by my journalistic colleagues the ANDI Children's News Agency in Brazil is a testament to his enduring legacy for the young people of Brasil.

5. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Senna

Not so much about Formula 1 but more a kind of elegy on life and death in extremis. It’s all the more remarkable being constructed from archival footage with portent marked from the start: namely this man will die. What is here is universal: tragic death, the phantom pursuit of gold, endurance pushed, mistakes made, risks taken, lost and glint of an obsessive’s commitment to something that can take your life.

6. Epinephrin's rating of the film Senna

It was simply boring, like a documentary which plays in background and you do stuff around the house. Only the end captured my attention with its pure Hollywoodness. Senna was a nice guy from Brasil who wanted to win, as everybody else. This sport is very dangerous and in some cases can be fatal. I think everyone who enrolls in it, knows this and mentally knows that each race could be his last. Subtitles were BAD

7. enzographie's rating of the film Senna

I was deeply moved by the scenes from Sennas funeral. It ist amazing how one person can unite a whole nation, thousands of people, feeling and thus being the same. Life writes the greates stories.

8. riraru's rating of the film Senna

Portrait eines sehr netten Mannes. Ich habe kein Interesse an Motorsport, war aber von Beginn an bewegt von der Geschichte und dem Charakter Sennas. Kapadia hat aus sicherlich hunderten Stunden Originalmaterial (ausschließlich) ein fesselndes Werk geschaffen, das um Klassen besser ist als sein nachfolgendes "Amy".

9. Levi Miah's rating of the film Senna

The sports film as one man's transcendental, spiritual journey, eschewing typical documentary styles and steeped in the lo-fi flavour of it's time frame. Senna is a mesmerising subject - so honest and so deep in his admiration of God while living so far on the edge and pushing so hard that you wonder if it might be true. I just wish this had 20 minutes more of pure driving, especially those on-boards.

10. richardm2311's rating of the film Senna

I know nothing about Formula One, but having seen this documentary, I felt compelled to browse Wikipedia and look up as much on the sport as I could. Senna lived quite the life, but his dedication and talent more than speak for themselves in Kapadia's thrilling, yet compassionate look at one of Formula One's greatest racers. A testament to Kapadia's talents for making archival footage so nerve-wracking.

11. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Senna

Senna is a masterclass in telling a story with just arhival footage. The selection, editing and scoring of these images reminds me of just how simple yet rich film language can be.

12. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Senna

This is an astoundingly good documentary. Fans of motor racing may enjoy it even more, but I cannot imagine anyone watching it and being unmoved by the depiction of the main events in the life of Senna. It has it all: humour, heart, thrills, some memorable "villains", and a very real, flesh and blood, hero (especially for anyone from Brazil).

13. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Senna

A tragedy in three acts: The young talented driver’s rise to the championship. The rivalry of Senna and Prost, dirty details included. The accident and death. And like in all good tragedies, even though you know beforehand the story and that the hero will die, you still hope the best for him and feel the desperation at his death. And you’re even cheering for him to win a race 30 years after the chequered flag.

14. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Senna

Impacted me, because it gave me a new figure to look up to. Senna was a legend.

15. ckeay99's rating of the film Senna

Incredible film what a way to give and incredible hero of mine a send off so generations can learn and see why he inspired other and the older generation today

16. Ruben's rating of the film Senna

I remember seeing another edit of this movie still including the classic 'talking heads' visual element. Although I already was impressed with it back then, it improved even more with leaving these interview shots out.

17. Al Green's rating of the film Senna

An absolutely brilliant documentary. It captures the ambition and surprising humility of a sportsman at the top of his game. Perfectly framing the tensions between Senna and Proust and also the very erie atmosphere in the run up to his fatal accident. You don't need to have an interest in Formula one racing to find this an amzing piece of documentary making.

18. żaneta36's rating of the film Senna

I was surprised to find a gentle and emotional model of masculinity represented by a formula one driver. Definitely need more heroes like that

19. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Senna

In using only original archive material Kapadia and only few commentaries Kapada doesn't repeat the fault of other filmmakers: to use sequences filmed with witnesses and "best friends". Fortunately, he also suppresses the modern man-against-the-world-hero thing (although you can sense it sometimes). The result is a concentrated portrait of Senna and his reception through media. Only the end got a bit too cheesy.

20. bouvardila's rating of the film Senna

One of the best documentaries that i've watched

21. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Senna

Kapadia's SENNA is a effective, emotional overview of the life, the accomplishments and the influence of Ayrton Senna in Brazilian cultural tumoil, but it is the formulaic approach of using archival footage, to not escape what is told, what was recorded, that can't discuss or complicate the image of the hero that Senna lived and died for. Effective, yes, but not that honest.

22. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Senna

Great documentary biopic of one of the greatest formula one drivers ever. Originally watched on TV, re watched on Amazon Prime.

23. ionu's rating of the film Senna

24. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Senna

Engrossing, thrilling and tragic documentary with a narrative that plays like a fictional film. The rivalry between Senna and Prost is particularly good. Only using archive footage from the time is inspired. One of the nest British films of the last decade.

← Previous 1 3 4