Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

Peringkat & Ulasan

1. jsmelor's rating of the film Zud

I feel that dialogues and (almost Disney) story (and the cinematographic language that expresses it) betray the world in which they were built (whose story is it and how is it told?). However, we are provided with flashes of beautiful images in which the "non-actors" do not really "act" the imposed drama, excpet their own life (like the songs to the animals). In this sense I would also rescue natural lighting.

2. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Zud

Final score: 8. Storyline: 7, Originality: 8, Cinematography: 8, Involvement: 7, Sound: 7, Editing: 8, Educational: 8, Title design: 7, Acting: 7, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 8, Exciting: 7, Superior: 7

3. g's rating of the film Zud

Beautiful photography, ugly film. Of course that nature is about death rather than life. Hence, this film is redundant. Of course that such landscapes are impressive, no need for extra narrative effects. The horse race story is misleading, not poetic, neither interesting. I kept only the affective attitudes, the tenderness in a rough context, and some beautiful frames.

4. The Accidental Film Club (Paul)'s rating of the film Zud

5. I.Camera's rating of the film Zud

Mongolia is a country made for widescreen, and this German production utilises the full steppe landscape. The plot is minimalist and perhaps too simplistic (as though there were several missing scenes). Moreover, the nature of the dzud could be better explained for those not familiar with Mongolian climates. But overall Zud is a well-made film about a countryside of yurts that has changed little in a thousand years.

6. Carlos Pineda's rating of the film Zud

Personajes, paisajes, situaciones, pocos diálogos...un universo simple, atravesado por deseos traídos a través de un aparato de televisión. De paso, supervivencia en condiciones climáticas muy fuertes, pero con el conocimiento acumulado. Un retrato de una sociedad entre el nomadismo y un ser sedentario que coarta; a la par de una sugerencia de ese otro mundo, el occidental con sus demonios...

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Zud

Like a Mongolian "Nanook of the North" with horses, sheep and goats but still that harsh, gruesome wasteland of cold and the unforgiving despair of life. The lack of a true resolution is it's biggest problem and that after all it’s build-up to a race nothing comes out of it.

8. hemelsblauw's rating of the film Zud

Beautifull country simple storyline which works for me, but the camera is very unsteady. It makes the film difficult to enjoy.

9. susanaramus@gmail.com's rating of the film Zud

10. lesminho's rating of the film Zud

11. andre's rating of the film Zud

Mongolia merits better representation than this pseudo documentaire on 'hardship life styles," none of the characters showed any glimmer of humanity, even the long shots of a suckling child lacked maternal feeling. One senses that the 'non actors' were going through the motions for the camera, without any real affection for the life represented. Try again Ms Minorowicz, but this time closer to home.

12. anarresti's rating of the film Zud

There are still societies where the most desirable thing is not "to just be yourself". Societies where the connection with ancestry is as deep as the need for survival. And those of us who do not know what is/was best, might be more intrigued than enlightened. But still, it is inspiring to feel a connection to other humans, not because we are the same, but because we feel the difference in our gut, challenging us.

13. dan's rating of the film Zud

--not the first movie on Mongolian life --it is interesting to see the animal life too (from a farm), especially horses and horse training --I found the father was tough on the boy in that he discouraged him, though that is realistic. Other times father was caring. --there is a certain sadness about the distress these people endure

14. misu's rating of the film Zud