Valutazioni e Recensioni

1. Branca's rating of the film Another Year

Crises de meia idade com pitadas de solidão à mistura.

2. Korial's rating of the film Another Year

Leigh's pen seems infallible in drawing vivid and memorable characters. His take on existence and the human condition is among the most inspired and poetic I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Good films will hurt you; this in particular surely does.

3. anaimiaktion's rating of the film Another Year

4. alessandrofarris001's rating of the film Another Year

An examination of loneliness and the passing of time which is both funny and heartbreaking, and features a devastating performance by the brilliant Lesley Manville.

5. jochenwieland's rating of the film Another Year

6. Nelson Neves's rating of the film Another Year

Wow. A movie full of messages.

7. Ella's rating of the film Another Year

interesting moments but didn't find it that engaging

8. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Another Year

3.7 stars. I'm inclined towards not trusting the yeasty softness of Broadbent and Sheen's faces so I perhaps felt more distanced from Tom and Gerri that I otherwise might have been. Perhaps because I'm currently the age of their son Joe I was inclined to see them as good-natured Boomers who'd squandered the opportunities of their youthful left-wing radicalism... but then, cruel as life is, should we judge?

9. richardm2311's rating of the film Another Year

A subtle, devastating look at the havoc wreaked by the passage of time, and a beautiful portrayal of the pain of loneliness and isolation. Jim Broadbent and Ruth Sheen both do characteristically fantastic work here but the light indeed shines brightest on Lesley Manville who owns every single scene that she's in. Quiet and lived-in, this is intimate, thoughtful work, and cast and crew alike deserved the accolades.

10. Inteleter's rating of the film Another Year

Started out slowly but by the end I did like this quite a lot. Manville is absolutely fantastic and the rest of the cast is good to. Leigh's writing and direction is also great as always.

11. Veronika Wellings's rating of the film Another Year

Each character is well drawn and superbly acted. Wonderful cast, Lesley Manville especially. Moving and at times heartbreaking.

12. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Another Year

Nothing much happens in this one other than the mundainity of life itself. Death, birth, time passing, the ritual of seasons, loss and lonliness. And alot of drinking. For celebration, for after work, for loss, and to forget. Not many laughs like some Mike Leighs, just real life, and pathos. From the desperate Imelda at the start, to the tragic Lesley at the end. beautifully acted by all.

13. 'king Harold's rating of the film Another Year

Some people can just get on with it and others fall through the cracks. I blame the parents parents parents.

14. incedw's rating of the film Another Year

How things could be, and how things are....

15. I.Camera's rating of the film Another Year

Another great Mike Leigh film. A lot of reviews focus on the 'happy couple' at the film's centre, but for me this was more about the distance between those well-settled in middle age and those, like the frazzled Mary and the lonely Ken, who are on the outside of the wealthy baby boomer generation - at times Tom, Gerri and Joe seem to lack empathy for them, and Mary is the only one who can bond with the depressed Ron.

16. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Another Year

Another Year is ANOTHER wonderful film from writer-director Mike Leigh. It may seem a bit light in comparison to some of his other movies, although that doesn't mean it's a laugh-riot, but Leigh decides to focus this time around on relationships, friendships, and the good and the bad baggage that we all carry through our lives.

17. JanP's rating of the film Another Year

Everything everyone has said before. A beautiful film. I liked the silences as well.

18. Ally's rating of the film Another Year

A triangle film may be the initial expectation: that the needy friend will come between the allotment couple, Tom and Gerri. But as seasons pass, their complacent mutuality remains while those around them wilt. They cultivate friends with amused tolerance, but the limit to their conventional bonhomie appears if the family is slighted from within or without. A deft film, steelier than its apparent everyday amiability.

19. mark's rating of the film Another Year

Lesley Manville brilliant. Strong echoes of Brenda Blethyn but she casts her own unique portrayal of neuroticism and right on the edge of nervous breakdown tension into every millisecond of the performance. I enjoyed this every bit as much as Secrets and Lies, if not more... just glad I saw this as well.

20. FanEla's rating of the film Another Year

21. Leser Joachim's rating of the film Another Year

22. Andreas Holz's rating of the film Another Year

This had me on the edge of my seat just watching ordinary people having ordinary conversations. A fascinating masterpiece!

23. Harun Osmanovic's rating of the film Another Year

24. Pango's rating of the film Another Year

Lesley Manville gives one of the most soul-breaking performance I've ever seen. This beautiful nuanced film break my heart.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7