Valutazioni e Recensioni

1. tubbssw's rating of the film Chico & Rita

The screenplay didn't inspire but the animation was terrific. The colours were soft and easy on the eye and the drawing of the exteriors, in particular, showed an attention to detail.

2. Kyle's rating of the film Chico & Rita

What an absolute beautiful delight of a film, feels like I was prescribed a double dose of jazz to cure my depression.

3. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Chico & Rita

From the first minute the stunning visuals put a smile on my face. They were however, just barely able to sustain the film for its 90 minute runtime. Sadly, the attention to detail that went into building the film's world was lacking in the development of its characters.

4. sanqfroid's rating of the film Chico & Rita

The amorphous animation took time for the eye to accustom but by-and-by embodied a definitive style offering moments of enchantment. The plot was a bit convoluted and cursory, though not necessarily half-hearted or original. The pulsing and jazzy music with the blurry human figures in the dance of love make everything melt into feeling as feet trace and retrace the steps between excitement, lust and heartache.

5. Eleanor Thompson's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Wonderful but only got to see the beginning - will be looking out for it to watch elsewhere

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Beautiful animation and music elevate this familiar tale of a couple living through music, song, and moments of intense passion, this is a wonderful gem that should appeal to fans of Sylvain Chomet, to grab at the closest comparison that popped into my head.

7. kirsten's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Exquisite attention to artistry and details. A beautiful film!

8. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Chico & Rita

God damn, it's beautiful. Would Chico's persistent love work in today's society? No, probably. And that's why we're all drifting away from each other like keys played in the wrong tune.

9. babycakesromero's rating of the film Chico & Rita

beautiful, tragic and joyful in equal measure. relentlessly stunning

10. Joanna's rating of the film Chico & Rita

The score is faultless. I have great admiration for how such simply formed animation can evoke so much passion and emotion between two characters. I think it captures the culture so perfectly, emphasising on all of the best things about Cuba

11. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Looks great, sounds great, good story, what’s not to like? Entertaining.

12. Pango's rating of the film Chico & Rita

People seem to forget they are watching the most atrocious telenovelas because it's animated. Nice style and exquisite background, but the two main characters are one-dimensional and unbearable and the story is too predictable. The ending is shockingly bad. I give two stars because I know how difficult and time-consuming animation can be, but this is a pretty dreadful film.

13. Basia Lautman's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Great animation, nice music really enjoyed it

14. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film Chico & Rita

15. Henrique Garcês's rating of the film Chico & Rita

16. whimisical melancholy's rating of the film Chico & Rita

classic love story with beautiful jazz and wonderful animation - 3.5

17. João Martins's rating of the film Chico & Rita

A love story with visuals at it's finest, wrapping a romance 'and all that jazz' during the 50s between Havana and New York. Well-achieved ingredients for a nice and lovely film that remind us the involving power of jazz when it comes to love.

18. Andreia Coutinho's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Was this made in Illustrator? Lol.

19. jananonloso's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Definitely very pleasant to watch, nice visuals, nice music, nice story!

20. Frastro's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Romantisch, tolle Musik und super Design

21. Hannah Förster's rating of the film Chico & Rita

22. kantan's rating of the film Chico & Rita

Prerevoltionary Cuba was just awesome: night bars, good music, alcohol and prostitution. Then the communist came and made it such a bad place where great piano players have to polish the shoes of tourists. If you want to get a different perspective, watch Soy Cuba.

23. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Chico & Rita

An animation gem, plus sensuality and jazz & Cuban music! === Un bijou de dessin, de sensualité et de musique jazz & afro-cubaine !

24. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Chico & Rita