Valutazioni e Recensioni

1. Rodrigo Morais's rating of the film Her Smell

2. Pauline Kraatz's rating of the film Her Smell

3. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Her Smell

Why would anybody want to watch such self-destruction? You could apply that question to the audience, not just the characters, and the answer is Moss. She's frighteningly effective at seeming like a genuine waste case, not just an actress playing one. Perry doesn't have Cassavettes' skill at mining insight into people—this never opens the context like A Women Under the Influence. But the formal (sonic) arc is strong.

4. josé neves's rating of the film Her Smell

Cinema. The pomposity of a gratuitously act, formally and in the acting. Holy patience!

5. ig_____or's rating of the film Her Smell

During the first half of the film, Becky Something is in full destruction mode: the mix of confusion, anger and alienation reminded me of Gena Rowlands in "A Woman Under the Influence". Then comes redemption and a completely new side to the character, not less devastating than the one we already knew. Elisabeth Moss is astonishing as ever, and Agyness Deyn was a wonderful surprise. Rock on, Alex Ross Perry!

6. Loz Loory's rating of the film Her Smell

Essentially unwatchable. Moss plays a one-note narcissistic, egomaniacal, grandiose rock star. She's turned up to 11 all the time, so we never have any reason to care about her. The plotting is so slow that the audience has far too long to get very tired of being in her entourage.

7. White Boy's rating of the film Her Smell

I've to be honest, the beggining atmosphere is precious, as well the all aesthetics and camera movements that was surronding the "crazy" Becky. I loved the VHS interludes and this vintage look. The thing is, in terms of narrative and shot election, it's a lil' bit confusing and sometimes boring.

8. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Her Smell

Porté par la prestation intense d'Elisabeth Moss, Her Smell autopsie avec honnêteté la schizophrénie de son héroïne entre fureur toxique et désespoir apathique. Un trip résolument punk dans les méandres d'un vide existentiel aussi éprouvant que touchant. Chronique complète à lire sur Citazine : https://www.citazine.fr/article/her-smell-psyche-rock

9. Sunil Chopade's rating of the film Her Smell

Moss is pulling out every speech and facial tic in her repertoire. The film compresses and stretches out time in an initially disorientating way. Also, check out the Listen Up Philip reference in the credits.

10. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Her Smell

11. nadnab's rating of the film Her Smell

12. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Her Smell

Moss made me think of Courtney Love at times here. However, the performance is a great one (the best of the year perhaps) because it is it's own beast-scary, pathetic, at times annoying even but most of all, human even when the film goes on too long towards the end.

13. saitosouta's rating of the film Her Smell

Elisabeth Moss as riot grrrrl punk bitch who devastates every single thing around her like a black hole. "Her Smell" is an ignonimiously rambanctious, delightfully schitzy tale about sacrilegious ego hypertrophizing to the infinitude. Dir. Perry dissects this psycholgy vehemently and adroitly, but still I'm surprised that there is deep kindness and warm bond between women. Perry's tumulturous epitome yet new frontier

14. Rocketeam's rating of the film Her Smell

Four stars for Elisabeth Moss

15. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Her Smell

Vox Lux is to Brady Corbet what Her Smell is to Alex Ross Perry: in both cases, the ambition to portrait the plight of major/minor rockstar leads nowhere. There you have a mass shooting survivor turned into Lady Gaga. Here, the queen of earth returns as an imploding Courtney Love. In both cases, the pulsating and hysterical first half is compromised by the sheer corniness of their respective third act.

16. bryanvmh's rating of the film Her Smell

An onslaught. Anxiety. It is a wonder that this is not receiving more attention. The consistent tight close-ups and Acting performed by big names is supposed to be a draw. Had me thinking of Jonathan Glazer - contemporary colorful takes on dour classical expressionism

17. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Her Smell

It's a relentless, claustrophobic, schizophrenic bad trip - a faithful rendition of what being around Courtney Love feels like. One doesn't quite know what to make of it; it is never sadistic or cynical, more nerve-wracking than truly despicable, and there have never more beautiful women with acne and bad hairdoos. But when it becomes Gus Van Sant's Last Days for 20 minutes, it just sweeps everything else aside.

18. Jason's rating of the film Her Smell

In HER SMELL we find the ever-promising Alex Ross Perry delivering at a level far beyond any at which we have ever previously found him operating. It is felt in the blood, the bones, the tissue. The film finds a unique (purely cinematic) way to give life to an endless profusion of ideas. Possible clichés evaporate by virtue of unrelenting invention. DP Sean Price Williams is at his best and may indeed be the best.

19. adamjaymorris's rating of the film Her Smell

Is Courtney Love suing for this?

20. FCC 86's rating of the film Her Smell

"Taking ten steps back, polarize the truth"

21. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Her Smell

Her Smell lacks essentially a tuneful note, lingering too much time in an uncomfortable dissonant universe (2.5 stars)

22. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Her Smell

Alex Ross Perry goes the anti Aronofsky route. Becky isn’t some masochist knocking on deaths door. There is no glamour to Her Smell, no phony martyrdom. It’s unironic and genuine and Elizabeth Moss may be one of our greatest living actresses.

23. James Mackin's rating of the film Her Smell

In a career of great performances, Elisabeth Moss gives arguably her greatest. And Dan Stevens stupefied reaction face is a marvel to look at. "I don't want to quit it, I just want to control it."