Valutazioni e Recensioni

1. Aardsy's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

Beautiful, but a little too smooth.

2. Dan's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

About 3/4 of Jenkins' film is faultless - swoon-worthy, beautiful, heart expanding stuff. I mean, Tish's dialogue brought me to tears multiple times. And then, it's just fine because, like Moonlight, there's something fundamentally human or ugly that Jenkins shies away from. We get the most beautiful and pure love story that is almost too cocooned in cinema.

3. Aulia Indry's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

Yang paling menyenangkan itu melihat editing paralel nya yang selalu membuat kita mem-flashback dengan cepat. Banyak hal yang dibicarakan dalam film ini kadang membuat saya agak bingung. Tapi betapa menyenagkannya bahwa tau romance pada film ini tidak "seterang" lainnya pada konsep sinematografi.

4. William's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

Structurally this is interesting; kind of a romantic minimalism, where vignettes of love play out between lengthy scenes of conversation; the kind of scenes Jenkins excels at (the final section of Moonlight of course comes to mind). This is an affecting and good-hearted film, if overall a bit too mannered for my tastes. That final Billy Preston piano cue will get you though.

5. ig_____or's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

6. Gabrielė Norkūnaitė's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

3,5-4. Soundtrack and cinematography makes it for me but it's too sentimental and full of grand quotes to reach the poetics of Moonlight, or let's say, A Single Man.

7. Gonçalo's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

So awfully heavy-handed and sentimental that it feels like it's a movie made of plastic.

8. pancake lizard's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

Some fluid camerawork and Regina King aside, this was a bore. Jenkins' technique for giving a scene some gravitas consists of using slow mo and playing dramatic violins or using off-screen quotes. The quotes are the worst - everyone's a poet, every sentence eloquent and wise. Nothing remotely like a real conversation.

9. Tijuana Picnic's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

10. Gretastick's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

I want to see every James Baldwin's novel cinematized. This reeks of years of injustice and pain but also shoves beauty, simplicity and love in your face.

11. Daniel Roque's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

"If Beale Street could talk, what would she say? Step aside, bitch. I'm the right way. I'm the main street, one to beat. Fuck the system and police!" by the poet Shangela, and it pretty much sums up the whole movie.

12. Horia Constantinescu's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

miles davis playing the background. 4.5

13. Linka's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

Puntúo 2,5. Drama urbano racial en USA. Con esto está dicho todo en cuanto al tema. La peli está bien montada, aunque un poco lenta y se te hace larga (no en vano son 2 horas de desaires. Dolorosa y correcta crítica contra las miserias de los blancos americanos y el submundo en el que estos mantienen a la población de color.

14. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

This film plays with your hair, touch your ear gently, moves its fingertips along the line of your lips slowly, while whispering to you "life is a mess but it's okay, I am here".

15. 丹尼斯's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

16. Alex's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

17. Roy Deckard's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

Not sure if 4 stars are enough for this film. What I am actually sure of is that Barry Jenkins is one the most unique and interesting voices in cinema today.

18. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

19. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

20. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

The most genuinely romantic movie I've seen in a very long time. Lots of close-ups create intimacy and genuine, aching tenderness. The injustices give the love between Fonny and Tish an undercurrent of melancholy that just makes their moments together more precious. A damn near perfect adaptation of James Baldwin, aided by Britell's seductive, Morricone-esque score (the best of 2018?). Barry Jenkins is a master.

21. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

To simply call If Beale Street Could Talk sumptuous would be doing a massive disservice to the amount of work Barry Jenkins poured into it. It's a beautifully haunting and soulful ode to every lover and every black person of the modern american society. A masterpiece? I would very much argue so.

22. Jake Davis's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

I hope that nobody has ever had to look at anybody they love through glass.

23. Eddie Rinctoya's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

24. carlajrzg's rating of the film If Beale Street Could Talk

Un 3 y no un 4 por que la idealización del amor romántico resulta repetitiva, además siento que se dejan muchos hilos sueltos con el policía, el abogado y el amigo de la coartada, sin embargo una excelente actuación y una increíble fotografía.