Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

Valutazioni e Recensioni

1. João R.'s rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

The mockery of the presences and demons within and the freedom of those incompleted.

2. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

Demons and desires from the past are teasing poor Giulietta, (again) she is tormented by her man and will be left alone. But for the viewer it’s a surreal psychic trip with symbolism and young sexy neighbours, filled with luscious images painted in blazing colours, a felliniesque chaos of Mediterranean insanity into which the whole European heritage is squeezed.

3. Andreea's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

The bizarre, the surreal and the whimsical - in gorgeous colors and great costumes.

4. Mirela Dudaş's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

5. Marach Adipalin's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

2.1 stars. Feels super mean-spirited. I feel like Fellini only loves women while they're young. Normally I don't like authorial insertion, but I think in this case some self-effacement would have made me more able to take the film in good faith. As it is, I feel that all of the production's heart has been poured into the (admittedly sumptuous) set and costumes and none into the characters. Faintly anti-human, imho.

7. Anca.'s rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

8. Luis Pires's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

I might like Fellini after all???

9. Luca Di Gianni's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

10. miles's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

This was another world eventually I just got lost in, but found it a little hard to at first...

11. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

I've just watched 5 mins of it before they pull it.. It is 5 stars worth just for the set, the costumes, the colour, the wonderful balletic camerawork. I don't always like Fellini's excesses and kitsch grotesqueries but Masina, as always, is charming and one of Rota's finest scores. Must watch it again when I have more time! Pronto!

12. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

Some spectacular images, especially the early dream sequence at the beach. However it's hard to get away from the fact that Fellini's "gift" to his wife was essentially 2+ hours of him fantasising about her being somebody else. Much like Amarcord there are some bits I'll remember forever, but ultimately it's overlong and far less than the sum of its parts.

13. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

14. tjieu's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

Beautiful, sad and liberating all at once, this feels insanely progressive a film for the time and one that is just as visually insane as it is emotionally rewarding.

15. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

A fun, supernatural-tinged, romantic drama from Fellini that is enjoyable on its own and fun for observing the obvious influence on other filmmakers, particularly Almodovar.

16. PFL's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

Whilst elements of the storyline may feel a little dated to some, the brilliance of a master such as Fellini is timeless. Only he could have made this picture with its combination of humour, strangeness and distinctive, dreamlike sequences. Composer Nino Rota is on exhilarating form too; this film yet another example of the greatest director-composer partnership in the history of cinema.

17. moniquekidman's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

Feverish, hallucinatory journey through a woman's experience of uncertainty and betrayal. Giulietta Masina has the weight of history and the present on her shoulders, and must learn to live in a world in which she doesn't know her place. And all of those fabulous clothes are to die for.

18. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

Hats. It has that feeling of when you're in a dream and coming round, and then realizing that you're still dreaming..Loved the lead lady, but the rest of the women are as mad as a box of frogs. Fellini knows women. And Hats.

19. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

For the colours, costumes and theatre alone it warrants four stars. I have very fond memories of watching this, even if at the time I found it a bit contrived. The on/off narrative with scumbag, hypersexualised characters and phantoms reminded me at times of William Burrough's, The Naked Lunch. The real, true predecessor to 'La Grande Bellezza'.

20. Stuart's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

I don't think this is one of Fellini's absolute masterpieces. It's filmed with his usual style, but something was missing for me. Of course, Giulietta Massina is always watchable, but here she seems swamped by the visuals and the events happening around her. There are individually memorable scenes, but it doesn't come together as a whole. If I could give it 3.5 stars, I would. www.thedeepfocus.com

21. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

Flamboyant and wacky. The hats! The hats! Oh me oh my.

22. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

23. palombellarossa's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

Fellini is a genius, an explosion of talent and imagination, everything he touches becomes a colourful dream you won't forget. I am very fond of this film. Lucky the ones who have the chance to watch it, Giulietta will fill your heart, as she usually does.

24. Tja's rating of the film Juliet of the Spirits

As the Mubi sidebar states, drama, phantasy and comedy, conveyed in a lush colour palette. Felini-land is weird, just accept this and go with it to be rewarded. A couple of glasses of pinot noir may help...ok, three glasses.

← Previous 1 3 4