Valutazioni e Recensioni

1. vilgeforte's rating of the film La favorita

(NO SPOILERS) The Favourite might appear to be primarily about love and romance, but it is not. This is a film about the inherent ordeal of most type of relationships if not all: power. Power is the most important factor to withhold from that that we love, and that results in them being dependent on us. This film might serve to be useful as a wake up call to those that believe in romantic love. Love has conditions.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film La favorita

3. Lívia Loos's rating of the film La favorita

Five for Yorgos, five for Olivia, five for Emma, five for Rachel.

4. Marisa's rating of the film La favorita

Merecido Oscar para Olivia Colman, mas poderiam dar o prêmio para as três atrizes!

5. DenoResandono's rating of the film La favorita

Although, this movie is less "eccentric" than his previous movies, THE FAVOURITE was still able to prove that Yorgos Lanthimos is a very talented director. In my opinion, the plot isn't quite fresh. But Lanthimos succeed to execute it with a solid direction. He was also succeed to utilized his three main cast. Olivia Colman, Rachel Weisz & Emma Stone are excellent their own parts. The performances are one of the best

6. angelicidea's rating of the film La favorita

Unfortunately, I could not like it as much as Dogtooth or The Lobster. I found its style too mannered and frankly irritating after a while and then it is a long hard slog through cookie-cutter melodrama and a standard love triangle. The worst part is that it reminds me of Greenaway, but a version of it that is too bashful to be interesting.

7. J. O.'s rating of the film La favorita

A dark and dry Barry Lyndon-worshipping comedy full of scathing looks and sharp tongues. Not a huge fan of Emma Stone, though she won me over by the end (despite the distracting, spotty accent).

8. Simone Giordano's rating of the film La favorita

Ogni scena un quadro da ammirare stupefatti.

9. Vlad Popescu's rating of the film La favorita

10. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film La favorita

even badgers deserve happiness :(

11. Sara Facchini's rating of the film La favorita

12. oooooo's rating of the film La favorita

13. Arijan's rating of the film La favorita

14. Pascal Croque's rating of the film La favorita

Olivia Coleman rocks. Now we know...now we know!

15. NICOLE86's rating of the film La favorita

Lanthimos' venture into historical fiction is rather delightful. The visuals were stunning, the lighting was breathtaking and the acting was superb. It's probably right up there with The Lobster as one of my favorites of his.

16. Demerson de Souza Fonseca's rating of the film La favorita

Mais reviravoltas que a novela homônima das 9h

17. sabrina's rating of the film La favorita

It almost seemed like everyone in the film was all in on a big joke. Irreverent and verry hot, my contempt for illegitimate governance and heterosexually normative traditions was deeply validated.

18. chanandre's rating of the film La favorita

[UCI El Corte]Feminist cinema at its best: depicting women as vulgar, nuanced, cruel, admirable, vicious, compassionate and backstabbing beings: same as men: #Equality. Lady Sarah Marlborough writing an apology letter to Queen Anne: "You cunt.">LMFAO*Honestly, haven't seen this good a period drama since Barry Lyndon. One for the books. Colman is oh so moving and humane, Stone is gold but Weisz was robbed of an Oscar.

19. tenonder's rating of the film La favorita

20. film_lies101's rating of the film La favorita

Not quite Kubrick directing 'The Draughtman's Contract' but it satisfied a serious itch. Top acting all around, Colman deserved every bit of that Oscar!

21. grotesc's rating of the film La favorita

22. Elmas Demircioğlu's rating of the film La favorita

Watching this film is worth for Olivia Colman's performance as a selfish, grumpy and greedy queen.

23. ANGSTZUSTAND's rating of the film La favorita

24. bartkl's rating of the film La favorita

This film is so beautiful. All of its exterior qualities cooperate seamlessly to achieve that sense of mastery only great films have. Particularly the audiovisual way of storytelling by using crossfades and minimalist baroque music I found lovely. The cynical portrayal of those times make it a great dark comedy. Remarkably, the film has a quite accessible storyline, which debouches into a subtle and great ending.