Para uma melhor experiência no MUBI, atualize seu navegador.

Valutazioni e Recensioni

1. Biodegradanima's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Christian Bale. CHRISTIAN BALE.

2. chazell's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

3. Andre's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Much like a real dream, we've seen the parts before, but never quite like this. Beginning like some sort of Marxist version of "Fight Club", this is an alternately tender and frightening study of guilt and paranoia. Much has been written about Bale's transformation, but he gives a genuine performance, aided by Anderson's classical visual style and taut storytelling. A quiet knockout

4. Thomas's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Much better than how I remembered it first time round. On the face of it this could be seen as being overly reliant on visual style and aesthetic, but there is a real element of thriller mystery running through it which keeps you involved and intrigued right to the end. Very satisfying and worth a (re)watch, though you may feel you need a shower afterwards.

5. ajdehany's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Style, tone, atmosphere, tension, visceral shock, it has in abundance... it's let down by tying itself into a neat bow at the end; there isn't much to take away from the film.

6. I.Camera's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Christian Bale's weight loss for this film is frightening to watch, but his extraordinary commitment was not fully rewarded by a plot reliant on thuddingly obvious visual cues, flashbacks and an overused Hermanesque score. More impressive is the genuinely grimy cinematography (with industrial music affectations) and an appropriately hollow-eyed and hollow-skinned performance from Bale as the Dostoyeskian protagonist.

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

It makes me uncomfortable to watch Christian Bale working at this bodyweight, but the film is so damn good that I get hooked every time. Viewers tend to stay one step ahead of the main character, but this remains a great psychological thriller with a few moments of real horror here and there.

8. Charlie Douglas-Hamilton's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Pretty tedious amalgam of Fight Club, Pi, Memento and The Usual Suspects. The editing and directing feels clunky. Bale's transformation is something to behold, but the promotional images are more than enough to get the idea. I didn't find his acting that great and only viewed this out of curiosity due to the famous photo. It's far from terrible and a reasonably well-constructed psychological thriller, but no more.

9. Sin título.'s rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

10. lidiishere's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

11. nona vanis's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

12. NCMBianchi's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

13. Adam Whybray's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

2.8 stars. Definitely a film to watch as a teenager, though even then I felt it was something of a B-movie with arthouse pretentions. However, taken as precisely that (i.e. 'Jacob's Ladder' for the noughties) it's an enjoyable, spooky ride. If you love this film and also own a PC, I highly recommend buying and playing 'The Park', a walking simulator with a similar tone and ideas to 'The Machinist'.

14. Marta Batista's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

A film that pretty much lives off a great performance from Christian Bale, as every other aspect is okay/good but never impressive.

15. lucia lurzo's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

16. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

I enjoyed this one more on first viewing, but it holds up because of its strong performance by a homely Christian Bale. He balances paranoia with occasional charm with his creepiness being more like a side effect of his situation and the mise en scene than his character--something a more conventional thriller might use. It's more of a character study. I also love the sticky note motif and the Hitchcock-like score.

17. Carolina Pereira's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Kinda obvious but Bale's performance gives you the courage to see it until it ends

18. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Christian Bale is the highlight of the film appearing in such a thin and sickly state that I questioned his health. The film is worth seeing only for him. A memorable gory moment with Michael Ironside also leave a disturbing scratch on my brain and I found the mystery intriguing even if the revelation at the end was predictable.

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

It's hard to separate the facts of the making of the film from the film. If you go so far as to actually damage your body for a role, it is really worth it? So many crazy actors have done that, including Robert Redford. Is it really acting? Fassbender lost a lot of weight, but they also used makeup and he did it under medical supervision. As Laurence Olivier said to Dustin Hoffman, "Try acting dear boy".

21. ceknklsn's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

67/100 (Sonu başından belli, hadi belli olsa da 80 puan alacak bir konusu olmasına rağmen tamamen çalma çırpma bir film olduğunu düşünüyorum. Sonundaki pişmanlık duygusu ve sembolleri ile Mulholland Drive, hayali kel karakter ile Fight Club, insanların kendisiyle uğraştığını düşünmesiyle The Tenant'ın karışımı gibiydi. Hepsini bu filmde hissetmem özgünlük sıkıntısı yaratıyor... Devamı yorumda...)

22. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Worth checking out just to see an actor nearly starve himself to death.

23. richardlawrn's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

bale's transformation is so fucking scary. the film has a haunting, heavy atmosphere, I felt like I couldn't move while watching it. loved it!

24. soymilky's rating of the film L'uomo senza sonno

Kind of like Fight Club, but with more mystery and felt less shallow. Pretty damn good

← Previous 1 3 4 5