Full Time, London
MUBI is a curated subscription streaming platform headquartered in the UK and rapidly growing all across the world. MUBI shows a selection of incredible hand-picked films from across the globe. Every film we show is individually selected and presented by our curators; every film is one that we truly believe in.
Our analytics team is in need of a data engineer to manage, monitor and improve our existing ETL process and data warehouse design.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in the full development lifecycle - from designing, developing and implementing to testing, documenting, delivering and maintaining our large-scale data structures
- Integrate data from multiple sources and prepare data infrastructure for the analysts and data scientists who use this data
- Manage data warehouse plans
- Manage data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) processes in production
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has experience in formalising business and functional needs into robust, scalable operations that work well within the data architecture
- Can work well with different teams - you will be working closely with engineers, data analysts and data scientists
- Has experience working with relational databases (Postgres)
- Knows how the databases are arranged inside and how to optimise them
- Is driven to improve data quality - proactively identifying issues and opportunities and getting them prioritised
- Is curious, thinks critically, and is eager to learn and use their experience to help and support others
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience in the data warehouse space
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Hands on experience with schema design and dimensional data modelling
- Experience with programming languages e.g. python
- Version control (github / gitlab)
- Exposure to standard software engineering practices
Salary: Dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!