Film Editing and Marketing Intern
MUBI - New York, NY
MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming platform. We show a curated selection of independent, international, and classic cinema. This includes acquiring titles straight from festivals for theatrical release and exclusive streaming premieres. Each film is hand-picked and presented by in-house experts; each film is one we truly believe in.
We’re looking for a highly motivated student passionate about cinema beyond the multiplex and with a background in video editing to intern with our tight-knit US marketing team. In this internship, you will have the opportunity to produce a variety of creative assets and collaborate on content marketing initiatives, gaining hands-on experience in the process.
- Cut film clips and trailers used to promote our programming and brand — video editing experience with Adobe Premiere a must!
- Support our social team with community interaction and additional asset creation
- Brainstorm ideas and strategies for content marketing and partnerships
- Liaise with external organizations to amplify MUBI and deliver related materials
- Research and report on competitive trends in the marketplace
- Cover other day-to-day tasks as they arise
- Current student enrolled at a college or university
- Organized and resourceful learner who thrives in a fast-paced culture
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficient video editor with an understanding of Photoshop tools
- Has a personal computer that can run relevant software (Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Well-versed in social media and up-to-date on digital trends
- Familiar with contemporary and historical cinema (independent, international, classic)
- Aware of and interested in learning more about the industry landscape
- Start date: late May 2021
- Time commitment: 2 - 3 days per week, 10am - 6pm (schedule can be flexible)
- Location: remote (our New York office is currently closed)
- Compensation: monthly stipend
Salary: Dependent on experience.