MUBI is a rapidly growing global curated streaming service, production company and film distributor. We are seeking an experienced business affairs executive to join the Content team in London to focus on all business and legal matters relating to our rapidly expanding production and acquisition pipeline.
Reporting directly to the Chief Content Officer, you will work with high profile international studios, producers and filmmakers and will have responsibility for a broad range of commercial and legal work, which will include day to day management of all legal and business affairs and advising on a complete range of matters relating to film production. The role also includes building an in-house business affairs team.
This position is located at our head office in London.
- Lead all aspects of the business affairs function at MUBI. This is a foundational role that will build a larger team over time.
- Advise Chief Content Officer and SVP Production on all material business matters including development, production, distribution, acquisitions, and licensing of feature films.
- Negotiate and draft all types of film production agreements including all rights acquisitions, licensing agreements, book, story and other intellectual property options, writers agreements, cast agreements, co-production agreements, production finance and security documentation, and other bespoke commercial agreements.
- Draft agreements for all facets of motion picture acquisitions for international exploitation, including negative pick-up/acquisitions, local language and English language productions and co-productions, security agreements securitizing the rights acquired, assignments and releases as well as related financing documents including inter party and intercreditor agreements.
- Advise and consult with company executives regarding business and legal issues pertaining to the company’s development and production projects.
- Conduct appropriate legal due diligence on all project investments and negotiate and manage financial closings for all productions.
- You will manage our relationship with out of company lawyers.
Who You Are
- Passionate about quality cinema, from classics to new releases.
- An effective leader, manager and mentor who motivates and inspires a team to maximise their potential.
- You have a proven track record of problem-solving legal expertise.
- You will have a proven track record specialising in commercial and entertainment law, with an emphasis on film financing, production, sales and distribution, contract law and copyright.
- 5+ years of experience as business affairs for film production and/or distribution in house or with a law firm.
Salary: Dependent on experience.