MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating, producing and distributing the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in London to focus on our global licensing strategy. Working closely with the wider licensing team, you would be central to bringing the best curation experience to our members in the region.
Our Licensing Manager will report to the Global Head of Licensing and be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with rights holders ranging from distributors, filmmakers and producers but also international sales agents to secure deals spanning library and earlier windows
- Sourcing, negotiating and delivering licensing deals for global library titles and platform exclusives
- Be a key contributor to workflow systems, constantly improving methodology and tool efficiency.
- Working closely with other teams, including programming, marketing, finance and legal, throughout the licensing process
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and research of the global market, trends, and competitive landscape.
Our ideal candidate
The Licensing Manager needs to be passionate about great cinema, with a good understanding of the prestige and independent film market and the digital distribution landscape with at least 5 years of experience in the film industry. Familiarity with local distributors and strong cinema knowledge - domestic and international, past and present - is required. Experience in analytics and audience-facing businesses is a plus. Excellent communication skills are essential in order to coordinate between our London headquarters and various international offices, our content and marketing teams, but also to match MUBI’s high-standard relationships with external partners.
You would also:
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Be comfortable working with data and research to inform the commercial process
- Be able to multitask and juggle simultaneous projects of various scales and priority
- Have a high level of organisation with attention to detail and strong diligence
- Have the company’s prime interests at heart while understanding our partners’ needs and strategies.
- Work under tight deadlines through multiple channels of communication
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
Salary: Dependent on experience.