MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in Turkey. Working closely with our content team, you would be central to bringing the best content to our subscribers.
Our Content Licensing Manager, Turkey will report to the Senior Licensing Manager, Europe and be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with rights holders ranging from local distributors, filmmakers and producers but also international sales agents to secure library deals and earlier windows licensing opportunities
- Sourcing, negotiating, and drafting license deals for library titles and platform exclusives
- Participating in the overall regional content licensing effort and workflow while constantly improving methodology and tool efficiency
- Working closely with our Finance team and Business Affairs on quarterly partner reporting and diligent payment of royalties
- Onboarding partners on MUBI’s content delivery process, coordinating with the Encoding team
- Managing contract administration and maintenance through MUBI’s dedicated Content Management System
Our ideal candidate
The Licensing Manager needs to be passionate about movies, with a good understanding of the arthouse and independent cinema market and the digital distribution landscape with at least 5 years of experience doing digital acquisitions or sales. Experience dealing with local distributors and knowledge of the film industry in Turkey is required. A strong cinema knowledge - of both international films and of the cinema of Turkey, past and present - is desired. Excellent communication skills in both English and Turkish are essential in order to coordinate between our Istanbul, London and New York offices, our content and marketing teams, but also to match MUBI’s high-standard relationships with content providers.
You would also:
- Be able to multitask and juggle simultaneous projects of various scales and emergency
- Have impeccable attention to detail and strong diligence
- Have the company’s prime interests at heart while understanding our partners needs and strategies.
- Work under tight deadlines through multiple channels of communication
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organised, punctual, and patient.
Salary: Dependent on experience.