As the Germany Marketing Manager you will be responsible for developing the local marketing strategy and leading all marketing efforts in Germany with the aim of building awareness for MUBI and growing our subscriber base. This includes planning and executing digital marketing campaigns, distributing to a wide audience marketing content across multiple communication channels, organising events with cinema partners and local institutions, and engaging with the public through social media and increasing traffic to MUBI's platform.
- Set marketing strategy and priorities for Germany, defining long term goals for growth in collaboration with MUBI’s ‘Director of Marketing, Europe’
- Develop ideas for new partnerships and marketing activities to grow MUBI’s profile and subscriber base
- Manage relationships with key contacts with partnerships and press
- Identify trends and dynamics in the local SVOD market, film industry, and the evolving digital landscape
- Create marketing copy for the website, email, and social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Coordinate with the global digital marketing team on digital campaigns
- Organise screenings and events in coordination with our global programming and/or distribution teams
- Assist, when required, the global programming team with the country’s schedule, coordinating premieres/events and providing insights into the local market
- Assist the customer support team with local requests in German
- Attend film and networking events
- Assist our Marketing Manager with MUBI GO
- Coordinate all press activity with the German PR agency in collaboration with Global Director of Communications.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Germany Marketing Manager needs to have at least 5 years' experience in film or creative industries marketing, and a strong understanding of the market and the SVOD landscape. A passion for independent and arthouse film is absolutely necessary.
You would also be:
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Able to generate ideas, socialise them and develop them with a team in a collaborative and creative manner
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Highly capable of independent work with deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Organised, punctual and patient
- Confident and effective public speaker
- Fluency in German and English
- Communication skills: You need to write, edit, and translate content for different digital platforms, and have a strong understanding of digital communication technologies and their marketing application
Workplace: This position is located at our office in Berlin.
Salary: Dependent on experience.