MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. Working closely with various internal teams, you will be central to assisting our programming team with managing the metadata workflow for films presented on the platform. You will be bringing the best platform experience to our members around the globe while being responsible for representing MUBI’s quality standards and principles.
Our Metadata Manager will be responsible for:
- Create and oversee the entire metadata workflow by checking the monthly schedule for each territory, ensure deadlines are met
- Create, update, and review metadata (trailers, stills, cast/crew, festivals/awards) and research and edit synopsis descriptions for films playing on the platform
- Research films and film programs to ensure their optimal presentation on the platform
- Liaise with external partners and our video quality control team to request materials
- Coordinate workflows with the database, distribution, and marketing teams
- Maintain and manage the organisation and storage of materials and liaise with the marketing and communications teams to share materials
- Employ data analytics to inform decisions regarding the presentation of films on the platform
Our ideal candidate
The Metadata Manager needs to have a good understanding of the SVOD landscape with at least 2 years of experience in the film & media industry. Wide-ranging knowledge of film culture, contemporary and historical, and strong research skills are required. Project managing experience and good communication skills are essential in order to share all required assets, work with an internationally diverse team, and coordinate content-related operations. An attitude that combines a data-driven approach with thinking creatively outside the box is encouraged.
You would also be:
- Passionate about cinema
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Organised, punctual, and patient
The role is located in London with some flexibility for remote working. If undertaking a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a team of passionate cinephiles excites you, then we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.