MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor showing a hand-picked selection of films. We are a passionate team united by our love of cinema and our belief in its power to bring people together, offer new perspectives, and in some cases — even change the world. We are seeking a graphic designer with a passion for film who can work across disciplines including print, digital and video. As a full-time member of MUBI’s London design team you will be working directly with our Creative Director Pablo Martín. You will also work with Tony Brook and his team at our design partners, SPIN.
The candidate must have a contemporary design aesthetic, proven conceptual and executional abilities, and a track record in conceptualizing and designing compelling experiences across digital, mobile, print and video.
Developing creative solutions to promote our curated film programming, including:
- Film posters for theatrical and multi-territory/global digital releases;
- Social media assets;
- Print and digital ads (banners, rich media);
- Collaborate with editors on video (typography/design for trailers).
Film Festivals and Partnerships
- Creating unique visual identities for partnerships across various industries including art, fashion, luxury, music and film;
- Invitation design (print and digital);
- Promotional materials and merchandise.
- Exploring new ideas for MUBI’s visual brand identity;
- Ads for print and digital (static and moving image);
- Confident in typography and branding;
- Strong ability to visualize layouts/ideas, skillful art direction;
- Impeccable attention to detail, thoroughness, thinking outside the box, innovative;
- A team player. Comfortable working independently and collaborating with others;
- Motion graphics experience optional;
- Project management and organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Comfortable with trying different approaches for different projects;
- Self-initiate ideas and proactively contribute to briefs;
- An ability to intelligently execute and evolve brand guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL
- Formal design education with at least 3 years professional experience;
- Good understanding and experience of graphics production techniques, including image manipulation, editing and compositing in all media;
- Professional level: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop;
- Intermediate level: Premiere Pro, After Effects.