Reporting to: Director of Distribution, UK
MUBI GO is an extension of the MUBI membership, launched in the UK, India, and most recently in the US, which offers members a ticket to see a hand-picked film in cinemas every week as part of their subscription. Recipient of the Game Changer award in the UK, MUBI GO represents an innovative cross-industry collaboration between exhibitors, distributors, and streaming — the project is the manifestation of MUBI’s long-time passion for supporting cinemas and ensuring films have the opportunity to be seen on screens of all shapes and sizes.
The MUBI GO Manager will be responsible for the successful running and management of MUBI GO in the UK & Ireland, ensuring its continued growth both in users and partners. Operating as part of the multi-territory MUBI GO team you will have the opportunity to take ownership of this exciting initiative in the UK, while working closely with MUBI’s theatrical distribution team as well as MUBI GO counterparts across the world.
- Manage relationships with UK and IE cinema exhibitors for MUBI GO and handle all logistics (training staff, technical implementation, invoices, marketing assets, redemption reports)
- Establish new partner cinemas for the MUBI GO Network while maintaining good relationships with all partner distributors
- Work with the Marketing and Distribution teams to launch campaigns, coordinate marketing efforts and boost MUBI Releases
- Manage asset delivery for each MUBI GO title; liaise with the creative team, draft creative briefs and handle the approval process with distributors
- Draft copy for emails and build email campaigns in Mailchimp
- Prepare pitch decks for exhibitors and distributors and deliver campaign reports
- Liaise with the digital team for digital campaigns across Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Google and programmatic
- Track and analyse the performance of films as well as subscribers growth metrics and generate new ideas and initiatives on how to grow MUBI GO subscribers
- Liaise with the Support and Product teams on MUBI GO reported issues and backend tasks
- Assist in ensuring smooth launch of MUBI GO in new territories and support new MUBI GO coordinators as needed
- Be ready to assist the wider MUBI Releases team to ensure that each release is given the maximum theatrical coverage.
- Liaise with the MUBI Financial team to ensure that invoicing is up to date month to month.
Who You Are
- Passionate about quality cinema, from classics to new releases
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the film industry landscape; from box office results to streaming trends and new releases.
- A desire to forge new and existing relationships within UK and Ireland cinema exhibition is essential.
- Creative and enthusiastic, with a good head for marketing strategy
- A strong copywriter and great communicator
- Quick thinker with strong ability to problem solve and work independently within the wider team
- This role will require daily analysis of box office figures so the candidate must be very good with numbers and have a keen eye for detail and desire to learn more about the financial side of the business.
- 3-5 years experience in entertainment or creative marketing, ideally in film
- Theatrical distribution or exhibition experience desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets & Slides
- Experience using Mailchimp, Microsoft Excel, Photoshop and Premiere Pro strongly desirable
Salary dependent on experience.
Salary: Dependent on experience.