MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor reaching a community of 10MM film lovers around the globe and rapidly growing. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films. Every film we show is individually selected and presented by our film experts; every film is one that we truly believe in. We are united by our love of cinema and our belief in its power to bring people together, offer new perspectives, and in some cases — even change the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in our New York or London office, with some remote work being a possibility, to work on our biannual English-language film magazine, Notebook, as well as assist on the daily digital publication of the same name. Working closely with our editorial team, you would be central to assisting our Editorial Managers in the preparation and production of our print magazine and in the day-to-day maintenance of our digital editorial workflow.
- Support and track editorial schedules, processes, and workflow to ensure deadlines are met
- Keep editorial databases and other records accurate and up to date
- Prepare and process contracts for contributors and collaborators
- Assist research, procurement, and rights clearances for text and imagery
- Coordinate CMS workflow for digital publication
- Support contributor or collaborator coordination and inquiries
- Supervise and cross-check interview transcriptions
- Assist during the proofing and completion of copy-edited content
- Perform administrative functions related to magazine activities
- Write copy for various editorial placements
Our Ideal Candidate
The Notebook Editorial Coordinator needs to be passionate for cinema beyond the multiplex, with a demonstrable excitement for print and digital publishing as well as 1–3 years experience directly involving editorial work and responsibilities for English-language publications. This role functions in an energetic environment, demanding a high degree of organization, impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to multitask under strict and overlapping deadlines. Written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are required in order to liaise with those outside the company as well as between departments inside MUBI. A love for and strong familiarity with contemporary film writing and magazines is encouraged.
- Able to juggle projects and effectively evaluate priorities of various scales simultaneously
- Fast-learner who is eager to dive into tasks and thrives in a fast-paced culture
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Self-motivated creative-thinker willing to look beyond easy answers to find the best solution to any problem
- Able to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- A strong, detail-oriented researcher
Salary: Dependent on experience.