MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in Latin America to lead our regional licensing strategy. Working closely with our global licensing team, you would be central to bringing the best curation experience to our members in the region.
Our Regional Licensing Manager will report to the International Director of Content and be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with rights holders ranging from local distributors, filmmakers and producers but also international sales agents to secure library deals and earlier windows licensing opportunities
- Sourcing, negotiating, and drafting license deals for package library deals and platform exclusives
- Participating in the overall global content licensing effort and workflow while constantly improving methodology and tool efficiency.
- Working closely with our Finance team on quarterly partner reporting and diligent payment of royalties
- Onboarding partners on MUBI’s content delivery process, coordinating with the Content Material team
- Managing contract administration and maintenance through MUBI’s dedicated content management system
- Conducting research as needed and maintaining general tracking of industry players, overall deals, trends and the competitive landscape
- Lead and grow the local licensing team
Our ideal candidate
The Regional Licensing Manager needs to be passionate about great cinema, with a good understanding of the arthouse and independent film market and the digital distribution landscape with at least 5 years of experience in the film industry. Familiarity with regional rights owners, strong experience with Mexican and Brazilian distributors in particular, and extensive cinema knowledge—domestic and international, past and present—is required. Experience in analytics and audience facing business are a plus. Excellent communication skills are essential in order to coordinate between our London and New York offices, our content and marketing teams, but also to match MUBI’s high-standard relationships with external partners.
You would also:
- Be able to multitask and juggle simultaneous projects of various scales and emergency
- Have impeccable attention to detail and strong diligence
- Have the company’s prime interests at heart while understanding our partners needs and strategies.
- Work under tight deadlines through multiple channels of communication
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organized, punctual, and patient
Salary: Dependent on experience.