1. The Godfather: Michael and Vito Corleone have a father-son chat about family, life and Barzini’s strategy to kill him
2. The Godfather II: Fredo lashes out at Michael for being the youngest and the one in charge of the family (incredible performance by John Cazale).
3. The Deer hunter: Michael and Nick are forced to play russian roulette by their vietcong captors (De Niro and Walken are just amazing)
4. Citizen Kane: “Rosebud” was a sled
5. A clockwork orange: The Minister of Interior asks Alex to have an “understanding of friends” . “I was cure all right!”
6. Kill Bill: Vol.2: Beatrix is shocked to find out her daugther is alive and expecting her with a plastic gun playing “killer”.
7. Crouching tiger hidden dragon: Fight scene in the trees
8. The Chorus: The kids bid farewell to Mathieuw with a rain of paper airplanes
9. Apocalypse now: “I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory”.
10. Dirty Harry: “I know what you’re thinking: ‘Did he fire six shots or only five?’ To tell the truth, in all the excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do you, punk?”
11. Big: Tom Hanks performs a crowd-rousing rendition of Heart and Soul on a floor-size piano keyboard in a toy store
12. Jack Skellington’s lament song
13. The passenger: seven minute long take-tracking shot which begins in his hotel room, pulls out into a dusty, run-down square and tracks back into the hotel room.
14. Gone with the wind: Rhett’s kiss-off to the tearful Scarlett. “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn”
15. Heat: Lt. Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino) pulls over a car driven by master criminal Neil McCauley (Robert De Niro) and offers to buy him a cup of coffee.
16. Pulp fiction: Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield discuss the “miracle” that’s making Jules retire from his day job when “Pumkin” and “Honey Bunny” appear.
17. Una giornata particolare (A special day): Terrace scene
18. The live of others (Das leben der anderen): Wiesler finds that the book Dreyman published is dedicated “To HGW XX/7, in gratitude”. As he purchases the book, he is asked if he wants it gift wrapped and states, “No, it’s for me”.
19. Dog day afternoon: Is there any special country you want to go to? Wyoming.
20. Kramer vs. Kramer: Ted Kramer makes french toast for his son.