FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: FEMALES OF THE PSYCHOTIC PERSUASION is a work in progress.
I was ripe for pickin’ this week having witnessed two maniacal women do their thing, in as many films. They would be Robin Wright’s fear and anxieties of post-9/11 America in ‘Sorry, Haters’ and a mature 14 year old Haley Stark confronting a 32 year old alleged pedophile in ‘Hard Candy’. Once I started thinking about the genre (actually a sub-genre of thriller and horror), I found myself smiling at some of the over-the-top scenerios and performances that make this type of film so much fun to watch. Recommendations welcomed!
Lizzie Borden took an ax, and gave her mother forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty-one.
The following are not listed in the ‘auteurs’ database yet:
- IRRESISTIBLE (‘06) – Ann Turner
- THE LANDLADY (98) – Robert Malenfant
- POISON IVY (’92) – Katt Shea
- THE CRUSH (‘93) – Alan Shapiro
- THE LEGEND OF LIZZIE BORDEN (’75) – Paul Wendkos
- DEAR DEAD DELILAH (‘72) – John Farris
- ONCE YOU KISS A STRANGER (’69) – Robert Sparr
- METHOD (’04) – Duncan Roy