– Though we never see a shot of the screen, during Patricia’s elusion of the police in the theatre we hear the soundtrack of a scene from Otto Preminger’s Whirlpool (1949). The poster for the film is visible as Patricia and Michel walk in front of the theatre after her escape.
The Harder They Fall (1956)
– Michel sees a poster for the movie as well as some promotional photographs of Humphrey Bogart.
Bob le flambeur (1956)
– Mentioned in conversation “Bob the gambler wound cash it.” “The poor sod’s in jail”
Forty Guns (1957)
– the scene where patricia looks through the rolled afiche is a visual reference to Forty guns.
– Belmondo and Seberg watch the film in a theater.
Hiroshima mon amour (1959)
– The title is displayed as one of the movies being shown at a cinema
Ten Seconds to Hell (1959)
– Movie poster is seen in street (12 minutes in)
À double tour (1959)
– “Laszlo Kovacs”, Poiccard’s alias in Breathless, is a reference to the character of the same name (also played by Jean-Paul Belmondo) in A double tour.